Quote Function - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any chance this can be looked into. It is an awful part of the board and maybe one small reason why numbers are dwindling on this place. 

Since the changeover, this has been a particularly terrible problem and just seems to work whenever it wants. 

Really pisses me off. 

1 hour ago, dandydunn said:

Any chance this can be looked into. It is an awful part of the board and maybe one small reason why numbers are dwindling on this place. 

Since the changeover, this has been a particularly terrible problem and just seems to work whenever it wants. 

Really pisses me off. 

What device and browser etc are you using? 

I haven't been able to recreate it not working and it seems to work for most people.

3 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

iPhone and safari 

Obviously it's worked that time so presume it only doesn't work sometimes? I'll continue to try recreate it but unless I can do that then it's hard to see whats wrong. It's certainly not a board wide problem. Only seems to affect one or two.

Guest flumax

To add whilst on a quote gripe. Would love to be able to delete a quote box. Also if I go in to the quote box, I cant get out. Using chrome on Android 

1 minute ago, flumax said:

To add whilst on a quote gripe. Would love to be able to delete a quote box. Also if I go in to the quote box, I cant get out. Using chrome on Android 

That's the same thing that happens when the quote that you last quoted, appears, if that makes sense. 

Last time it happened to me was when I posted in the "gigs" thread about 90 minutes or so ago. 

17 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

That's the same thing that happens when the quote that you last quoted, appears, if that makes sense. 

Last time it happened to me was when I posted in the "gigs" thread about 90 minutes or so ago. 

If you're on desktop when that happens, if you hover over the top left of the quote box, a wee box with a plus sign appears.  Click on that and then hit delete and the quote box should disappear.  Not sure if it works on iPhone/Android.

2 hours ago, Admin6 said:

Obviously it's worked that time so presume it only doesn't work sometimes? I'll continue to try recreate it but unless I can do that then it's hard to see whats wrong. It's certainly not a board wide problem. Only seems to affect one or two.

Not sure it's only one or two. I notice it happening to a huge chunk of members including me. I have the same issue with iphone and Safari.

Guest flumax
1 hour ago, Fairbairn said:

If you're on desktop when that happens, if you hover over the top left of the quote box, a wee box with a plus sign appears.  Click on that and then hit delete and the quote box should disappear.  Not sure if it works on iPhone/Android.

Cross appears on chrome for Android, but does nothing when tapped