What Bank ? - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Say what you like about RBS in many respects, but lets not forget they moved very quickly indeed to deny the bullshit being spouted by Westminster and the papers. It's not their fault it was completely misreported.

Give them that at least.

It's worth finding out what all these companies actually said before starting/calling for any boycotts. In the case of RBS the BBC website headline was "RBS to move to London after a Yes". Complete and utter horse manure but the headline is where most folk get their info before quickly moving on.

By all means unleash hellfire and brimstone if they were indeed prepared to fck us over. FFS I haven't bought a bag of Golden Wonder crisps since they shut down a profit-making factory up here in the 80's. But best get the facts first.

Here's a response I got from the Clydesdale pre-referendum after asking if what was reported about them in the media was accurate:

Dear

Thank you for your message.

Any changes in the Company's legal structure would have no impact on the vast majority of the Bank's staff. Clydesdale Bank would continue to serve its customers just as it has since 1838 and Glasgow will continue to be the Bank's key operational centre.

Yours sincerely,

Clydesdale Bank WebCare Team

That doesn't sound to me like a plan to move everything south.

http://www.rbs.com/news/2014/09/statement-in-response-to-press-speculation-on-re-domicile.html

I'm leaving them but checked first and fairly sure the above is good enough reason. I'm not closing my account though, been advised to leave couple of pounds so they still have to send paperwork out to me, costing them money even if only a little. Also been told to keep my credit card with them, use it for messages and diesel but always to pay off immediately as again it'll cost them but not me as I always pay in full anyway. I'm not going to go in and mouth off to the women behind the counter though as I have a 3 clients who work for RBS and all were Yes voters and they got enough sheite when the Fred Goodwin crap hit the fan. Letter to the high head fuds would be nice though.

http://news.yahoo.com/clydesdale-bank-could-move-england-scots-vote-yes-093227514--finance.html

Looks like Clydesdale bank were the same as RBS, not moving banking jobs per se but happy to work with the establishment to put fear into the undecideds.

Edited by G-Man

http://www.rbs.com/news/2014/09/statement-in-response-to-press-speculation-on-re-domicile.html

I'm leaving them but checked first and fairly sure the above is good enough reason. I'm not closing my account though, been advised to leave couple of pounds so they still have to send paperwork out to me, costing them money even if only a little. Also been told to keep my credit card with them, use it for messages and diesel but always to pay off immediately as again it'll cost them but not me as I always pay in full anyway. I'm not going to go in and mouth off to the women behind the counter though as I have a 3 clients who work for RBS and all were Yes voters and they got enough sheite when the Fred Goodwin crap hit the fan. Letter to the high head fuds would be nice though.

http://news.yahoo.com/clydesdale-bank-could-move-england-scots-vote-yes-093227514--finance.html

Looks like Clydesdale bank were the same as RBS, not moving banking jobs per se but happy to work with the establishment to put fear into the undecideds.

G-man that last bit is simply not true. As soon as the media misreported the RBS position, Ross McEwan came out immediately as put people straight.