STV News - England v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

STV News

DoonTheSlope

2 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

No wonder Scotland is a breeding ground for losers. STV news there making a big sing and dance about the "win" in 1999

No wonder we can't kick in when we keep looking back with pride at the likes of 99, Holland, Unbeaten 74 and the likes

You are the most negative bugger ever.

I watched the 99 game today - looked fantastic. Wish I wasn't 10 when it happened and I would have been there.

We won the last competitive match between the sides. Get over it.

11 minutes ago, KennyMiller said:

You are the most negative bugger ever.

I watched the 99 game today - looked fantastic. Wish I wasn't 10 when it happened and I would have been there.

We won the last competitive match between the sides. Get over it.

Which resulted in hee-haw. Nothing to look back fondly on, TA singing and dancing at full time as though we qualified.

Scotland fans aswell as Paw Broon were quick enough to highlight that it was only half time in the days between the two games. It cuts both ways

6 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

Which resulted in hee-haw. Nothing to look back fondly on, TA singing and dancing at full time as though we qualified.

Scotland fans aswell as Paw Broon were quick enough to highlight that it was only half time in the days between the two games. It cuts both ways

aye cause the friendlies counted for loads.  you one of them that gets ecstatic at winning a friendly?  it's the competitive matches that count in the end.  we froze at Hampden in '99 and were all over them at their place.  played well and unlucky not to go to extra time.  but yes, as with all competitive matches the winner takes the spoils.

5 hours ago, tartanmartin said:

aye cause the friendlies counted for loads.  you one of them that gets ecstatic at winning a friendly?  it's the competitive matches that count in the end.  we froze at Hampden in '99 and were all over them at their place.  played well and unlucky not to go to extra time.  but yes, as with all competitive matches the winner takes the spoils.

aye cause the friendlies counted for loads.  you one of them that gets ecstatic at winning a friendly?

The friendlies were the last two games we played against them, Deecie had a mare. Try telling Wales friendlies count for nothing, it was friendlies that saw them climb the qualifying pots which led to a semi final place in the Euros

it's the competitive matches that count in the end.  we froze at Hampden in '99 and were all over them at their place.  played well and unlucky not to go to extra time.  but yes, as with all competitive matches the winner takes the spoils.

You prove my point, our last competitive game counted for next to nothing, maybe a slight climb in the rankings and nothing more. Unlucky or not we lost. Celebrated failure and have been doing it ever since

You one of them happy clappers giving it laldy at full time in Georgia and Faro aye?

12 hours ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I wasn't singing and dancing at FT. I was slumped in my seat deflated after watching us play them off the park but just not quite good enough. Tbf, all the damage was done at Hampden when Scotland simply never turned up.

1 minute ago, TartanTon said:

I wasn't singing and dancing at FT. I was slumped in my seat deflated after watching us play them off the park but just not quite good enough. Tbf, all the damage was done at Hampden when Scotland simply never turned up.

There was thousands all singing and dancing all over the moon

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

There was thousands all singing and dancing all over the moon

Well, happily i can say i wasn't one of them.

I'm sure the poor souls i have been going to games with for decades will vouch for my non happy clapping nature., Usually if away i head straight to the hotel if we have been pumped as the last thing appealing to me is a night out.

16 minutes ago, TartanTon said:

Well, happily i can say i wasn't one of them.

I'm sure the poor souls i have been going to games with for decades will vouch for my non happy clapping nature., Usually if away i head straight to the hotel if we have been pumped as the last thing appealing to me is a night out.

You and I would get on great

57 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

aye cause the friendlies counted for loads.  you one of them that gets ecstatic at winning a friendly?

The friendlies were the last two games we played against them, Deecie had a mare. Try telling Wales friendlies count for nothing, it was friendlies that saw them climb the qualifying pots which led to a semi final place in the Euros

it's the competitive matches that count in the end.  we froze at Hampden in '99 and were all over them at their place.  played well and unlucky not to go to extra time.  but yes, as with all competitive matches the winner takes the spoils.

You prove my point, our last competitive game counted for next to nothing, maybe a slight climb in the rankings and nothing more. Unlucky or not we lost. Celebrated failure and have been doing it ever since

You one of them happy clappers giving it laldy at full time in Georgia and Faro aye?

You're having a mare here.

25 minutes ago, deecie said:

You're complaining about the news reporting relevant events.

I understand you've gave yourself a ridder, your trying to redeem yourself but it's not happening. Youre not the first person to make a cünt of themselves on here and yo certainly won't be the last

It happens

3 minutes ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I understand you've gave yourself a ridder, your trying to redeem yourself but it's not happening. Youre not the first person to make a cünt of themselves on here and yo certainly won't be the last

It happens

Nah.

1 hour ago, DoonTheSlope said:

I didn't have the good fortune to get a ticket for the Georgia game, so can't comment on any post-match antics but surely there were no happy clappers???

In all my time, I don't think I've ever been as embarrassed supporting Scotland as I was after the game in Faro. "One Gordon Strachan" was the chant as the majority of the Scotland fans clapped the players off after finishing fourth in a group where second was definitely achievable, thus condemning us to another summer at home.