Charlie Hebdo's visit to Scotland - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

they visited Glasgow and Fife to assess the post Brexit mood. I heard a snippet with the Northern Irish author of the report on Good Morning Scotland and as a Labour man he said he couldn't believe the change in the dynamic, mood and political engagement of young people in Glasgow who largely identified themselves with the Greens or with SNP. His responses seemed to catch Hayley (or might have been Isabel) off guard as they had no pro-Labour/anti-SNP barb to throw back (as is the norm on BBC Radio Scotland though I must admit I do think Gary Robertson is quite fair in his grilling). Look forward to reading the report when it is released at some point today (which am sure will be heavily promoted in all media outlets given the increased profile of Charlie Hebdo). 

Caught the end of it and it got me thinking by 2020 no kids leaving school will be able to remember a time when the SNP weren't in charge in Scotland.  That's got to create a huge generational shift in political perception. 

It was also interesting that the guy said of all the young people he spoke to, only one said they were fed up with politics.