Footballers Ankle - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Footballers Ankle

Doctor/podiatrist told me this is why I have been in pain playing football for last year. Anyone else had this or had treatment?

I don't have a Footballers Skill, Fitness, Money or Wife but I get the painful footballers ankle, typical.

I've never heard of "footballer's ankle". What is it?

http://www.firstaid4sport.co.uk/Footballers-Ankle-Ainjury_footballersankle/

This article is pretty good. The main thing I know about it is that It fecking hurts, I am going to have a steroid injection and if that fails I will need an op to remove bone spur at bottom of shin bone. Making my life a misery, if I can’t play football I get very, very grumpy. With young kids at home it is the only exercise and social life I get. If it gets any worse will have to give up football, tried to rest it and do swimming but was just as sore after swimming.

It'll feel fine for ages while playing then I’ll just try and control the ball and excruciating pain shoots through my ankle. The worst one was last night where I just controlled a pass and ended up screaming on the deck, I actually had to hobble off and go home. I use ankle brace and that works up to a point. I’m only 35 and some of the guys I play with are in their late 40s so was hoping to keep playing on as long as I could but might have to hang up my boots. Extremely depressing.

• 2 weeks later...