Football Fans Not Criminals. - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Football Fans Not Criminals.

Really makes me wonder why we accept being treated like animals, criminals and a massive inconvenience when we go to watch football, particularly away games.

I think, when all said and done, that's the answer right there... I remember reading a quote from Des McKeown a while back when he said "Football Fans will only be treated like customers when they start to behave like customers" and I reckon this is absolutely spot on... In some ways Football fans are our own worst enemies, we allow teams to play on our loyalty and put up with all sorts just to prove how much of a diehard we are..

A couple of seasons ago I decided to give Rugby a go and went to about 6 Glasgow Warriors games at Scotstoun -- In the end I decided Rugby wasn't the game for me but was very impressed by the whole set up, the so called "fans experience" -- I felt like I was being treated with respect and that the organisation were actually appreciative of my attending ... Exactly the way a paying customer should be treated surely ?

The mate I went to the games with is a big Football and Rugby fan whom regularly attends Club and International games of both games, he makes a valid point for me when he says 'If you went to a given shop and were treated the way you are at a football match at times, you'd never shop in that place again..yet we all put up with the same sh*t at football over and over again...Ultimately we get treated the way we allow ourselves to be treated and have only ourselves to blame"

I saw Kevin Bridges this month in Hammersmith, London, and a fight broke out!

Rough crowd the comedy crowd.

Only when the comedians become big names, then I agree that they do tend to attract society's rejects. I go to the stand in Glasgow frequently and have never seen anything remotely close to trouble. Highly recommended for a night out by the way! Edited by flynnyboy

Only when the comedians become big names, then I agree that they do tend to attract society's rejects. I go to the stand in Glasgow frequently and have never seen anything remotely close to trouble. Highly recommended for a night out by the way!

Going on Tuesday to the stand. Not been in ages. Think Tuesday is the day it's new folk doing there first set and stuff. Was great last time