Lower League Games Fixtures Out - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lower League Games Fixtures Out

Haggis1875

These games are due to play on the 10th or 11th October rules have changed this year and clubs have the option to play on the Saturday or Sunday now so don't think we will know until around 2 weeks before fixture same goes with time of KO.

Guia Futebol Clube home games are played is around a 10-15min taxi journey away from old town Albufeira

for those staying in quarteira they also have a home match unsure on where they play but sure it wont be too hard to find out

Fixtures can be found here http://www.afalgarve.pt/pdf/sorteio11092015.pdf

vh3qrl.png

Edited by Haggis1875

Got this info from someone on a Albufeira forum

10th / 11th October fixtures near Albufeira thus.

Segunda Liga - no matches currently scheduled because of the Euro 2016 qualifiers international week. If any are re-arranged to avoid midweek afternoon dates this will be known perhaps in a week or so. Nothing I can see at present.

Campeonato Nacional Seniores (3rd Division) Saturday 10th at 3pm

Almancil v Barreirense at Almancil Municipal Stadium. That's about a 30 Euro taxi ride each way but is do-able by bus at a pinch. Further advice if required.

Algarve League. Normally on a Saturday afternoon but dates and times won't be confirmed until a week or so beforehand, which I will post here.

GUIA v CULATRENSE they normally kickoff at 4pm but check. Map for ground, http://www.algarvebus.info/images/guia.jpg Campos de Futebol in top left hand corner.

Taxi on a Saturday about 12 Euros each way. There are no buses from or back to Albufeira suitable for a Saturday 4pm kickoff.

PADERNE V FARO E BENFICA in the little Paderne ground right in the village. Very good café / bar attached. Taxi will be a bit more than the ride to Guia, but this one is do-able by bus for a fraction of the cost, if it's a 3pm kickoff which it usually is.

Bus from Albufeira bus station at 1340, Paderne arrival 1401, the Paderne stop is right outside the ground. This is the bus to Messines (doesn't have a route number) and the bus back on a Saturday is at 1705hrs from the same stop. Same bus time out on a Sunday if they play then but no bus back.

Hope that helps. I confirm all dates and times here on the Tuesday before every weekend.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all you've posted so far, Haggis. Very good.

I've been looking for a match myself and really struggled; not so much finding the fixture's, but finding out weher the bloody grounds are, has been.

It seems to me, not many of these clubs have website (?)

I'm staying in Faro town; without having to travel silly

I've been looking for a match myself and really struggled; not so much finding the fixture's, but finding where the bloody grounds are has been!

It seems to me, not many of these clubs have website's (?)

I'm staying in Faro town; without having to travel silly distances, is Almancil v Barreirense my only option?

Campeonato Nacional Seniores (3rd Division)

Saturday 10th at 3pm

Almancil v Barreirense at Almancil Municipal Stadium. That's about a 30 Euro taxi ride each way but is do-able by bus at a pinch.

Given the time and location of ticket pickup on the Saturday this game might be worth a visit.

Edited by DavyP

Hi, I´ m also staying in Faro, and interested in going on game to Almancil.

According to the timetable of Eva bus transports, there is a bus leaving from Faro bus station at 13:35 with arrival in Almancil at 13:54.

Buses returning to Faro are at: 18:08, 19:08, 19:53.

Return ticket costs 6,50 €.

For those who are staying for more days ( like I do ) it is valuable to by 7 days pass for 36,25 € which allows you an unlimeted number of bus drives with Eva and Forta Azul bus companies along the coast with connections to all bigger places on Algarve coast.

More on this you can finde on www.eva-bus.com - tourist pass.

So if there are people interested in going to Almancil, I think it ´ s the best way.

I´ ll be on the bus that departs Faro at 13:35, hoping to see some of you there, and drink a few beers of course :cheers3:

I have been to 5 grounds in the Algarve League.

For those staying in Albufeira, I would recommend Padernense. Probably the closest and about 15 mins on the bus. Great wee Social Club at the ground and has a smoker that does great food too!

I'm heading to 11 Esperancas who are based in Faro. New ground for me.

The standard is poor and probably worse than the top Junior Leagues. It has improved though from my first game where the Imortal coach chain smoked in the dugout and ran on to the pitch during the game to attack a player!

From another forum

None of the Algarve teams will be in action that weekend.

The only third division game even anywhere near Albufeira or Faro will be Almancil v Barreirense currently shown as being on the Saturday (10th) at 1500hrs.

Imortal will be away, playing in Faro, against the 11 Esperanças in the bleak Penha ground.

Other games in the Albufeira area, Saturday 10th, ko times to be confirmed, are

Guia v Culatrense
Paderne v Sport Faro e Benfica

Other Algarve League First Division fixtures near Faro, probably at 3pm on Saturday 10th.

Quarteira v Odiaxere
Moncarapachense v Lagos - this game will be in the small municipal stadium in Olhão, just north of the N125.

and in the Second Division

Maritimo Olhão v Mexilhoeira Grande also at the municipal stadium in Olhão, hence ko times tba.

I cannot confirm any ko times as they are not yet on the official website.

I've been looking for a match myself and really struggled; not so much finding the fixture's, but finding where the bloody grounds are has been!

It seems to me, not many of these clubs have website's (?)

I'm staying in Faro town; without having to travel silly distances, is Almancil v Barreirense my only option?

Apparently there is a game here...

Imortal will be away, playing in Faro, against the 11 Esperanças in the bleak Penha ground.

Some of the clubs mentioned so far, have photos and maps here...
http://www.europlan-online.de/index.php?s=land&id=30

Click on Segunda Liga......... and Divisao Gruppe H......... and Sonstige.

I say to click on all three of these section's simply so people can see which teams are nearby; no matter what the league level.
I know not all these teams are actually playing, but if you just wanted to groundhop (SC Farense smack-bang in Faro centre for example) you can see where the grounds are.

According to wiki Louletano play at the Estadio Algarve so would their game be played there a day before an international ?

They are in such a low league now they haven't played at the Estadio Algarve for a while now not wanting to play to really low crowds in a huge stadium. Nobody uses it regularly for league games as far as I know.