Ok, Call Me Crazy, But... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Ok, Call Me Crazy, But...

ScotlandFanMuir

If we beat Poland and Ireland fail to beat Germany, then we go into the last game against Gibraltar knowing that a win guarantees 3rd place with any result in the Ireland/Poland game doing us a favour. Strange but true.

Try and tell me it doesn't.

(Not saying it's going to happen or that it's even likely to happen, it just seems a more fortunate situation than we'd be used to)

With germany already through, ireland might beat them.

Can't see that to be honest. Germany strolled through tonight's game doing just enough to win. If they needed a goal they went and got one. I suspect they'd do the same regardless of whether they're already through or not.

If we beat Poland and Ireland fail to beat Germany, then we go into the last game against Gibraltar knowing that a win guarantees 3rd place with any result in the Ireland/Poland game doing us a favour. Strange but true.

Try and tell me it doesn't.

(Not saying it's going to happen or that it's even likely to happen, it just seems a more fortunate situation than we'd be used to)

Yer crazy - but not mental!!! :ok:

Ah ok, thats better news then... I thought they were through outright. Yeah if they are in any way interested they will beat ireland.

Aye, they (Germany) need a minimum of a point against the Irish, but their manager has said there is no way they will be playing for a draw.

We just have to make sure we keep up our end of the bargain :unsure: