Real Fans Being Denied Tickets - Simple Solution... - Page 3 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Real Fans Being Denied Tickets - Simple Solution...

Marty

All points erased

I was on 10 points before Slovenia having gone about 16 years without missing a competitive away game. Two days before I was due to fly I ended up in hospital. Other people have had similar things happen. People have had family members die or admitted to hospital and had to call off. Are you suggesting they lose all their points? Edited by tam4ritchie

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Genuinely surprised, and delighted, that those sort of numbers are travelling.

I know there is always a talk of harvesting (always exaggerated imo) so I suppose this will tell us once and for all at what scale it's going on.

Bit gutted I can't make this one, stag do in Liverpool.

For those of you travelling and still don't have a ticket, keep phoning them right up to the day you travel even if it sells out. Lad in our group was on zero points for Germany and I rung them the morning before the game. They had 4 tickets from guys returning them. He got one which in truth is a bit unfair as there were guys on 1 and 2 points in the home end but apparently the SSC won't do a waiting list so it's just your luck.

Good luck lads and lassies, and stay safe :ok:

There have been randomly selected ticket pick ups in the past that have shown the extent of the harvesting but the SFA have made it quite clear they are not remotely interested.

I was on 10 points before Slovenia having gone about 16 years without missing a competitive away game. Two days before I was due to fly I ended up in hospital. Other people have had similar things happen. People have had family members die or admitted to hospital and had to call off. Are you suggesting they lose all their points?

I also had a conversation in 2007 with a regular, and they were aware of a work colleague being on 10 points cos harvesting just in case we qualified for a major tournament and they wanted a ticket - there is element of harvesting and i know folk who have said they will do this

I also had a conversation in 2007 with a regular, and they were aware of a work colleague being on 10 points cos harvesting just in case we qualified for a major tournament and they wanted a ticket - there is element of harvesting and i know folk who have said they will do this

There is no doubt an element but there are not hundreds of people on lots of points not going to games. That person must have been to a few games as there were a few 100% collections around that time.

I assume you notified the sfa?

It is, but it's a run-of-the-mill family holiday destination.

The Westernn tip of Asia is very much a proper away game.

:ok: Furthest east I have been previously has been Ukraine, heard some good stories about tiblisi and looking forward to it.

Edited by Robroysboy

Stupid question I know having never been selected for pick up but what happens if you are chosen for pick up? Does the postage costs paid get refunded & how much notice do you get that you've been selected for pick up, Im keeping an eye out for the post to be delivered.

Stupid question I know having never been selected for pick up but what happens if you are chosen for pick up? Does the postage costs paid get refunded & how much notice do you get that you've been selected for pick up, Im keeping an eye out for the post to be delivered.

Postage costs get refunded.

Can't remember how much notice they give you but from my only experience of being selected for pick up, I don't think they leave it so late that you're sweating on whether your ticket will arrive.

Postage costs get refunded.

Can't remember how much notice they give you but from my only experience of being selected for pick up, I don't think they leave it so late that you're sweating on whether your ticket will arrive.

Cheers, Guessing they will be letting people know soon as the games only 24 days away now!! Getting a wee bit excited!

No, but it is obviously harder to get to Eastern Europe than Dublin.

yep not disputing that

Indeed!

It wasn't a hard concept to grasp.

not the point i was making and if you actually read the posts instead of trying to come across condescending its not a hard concept to grasp

not the point i was making and if you actually read the posts instead of trying to come across condescending its not a hard concept to grasp

You weren't making any point. You were trying to start an argument with people who agreed with you.