Anyone Ever.... - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone Ever....

Anyone here ever traveled to an away game without a ticket and not got one?

Ever had to pay over the odds and if so how much?

Only once when I travelled to Amsterdam without a ticket.

Spain away was probably the first time had a issue, wasn't to confident getting a ticket out of some sort of cash machine and after someone broke the only one we could find in Alicante at this point, we thought were out of luck. Ended up finding another machine and all was fine.

Quite a few of my mates were the same.

Macedonia must be most obvious example.

It wasn't Tickets that was the issue there though, was it nit that they just didn't let any away fans in the home end?

never (however some of my mates never managed to get any for Brazil game at France '98) - almost every away game we need to get tickets (some of my mates are not members of the SSC)

This will be a skoosh case compared to some others - need to put the effort in though!

This message board is great for getting it in advance just keep posting and look out for spares being put on the board - The Ferry or airport / plane is a great place as fans whose pals didn't travel want to get shot of them as quick as possible - if still not got one once you get there ask everyone you see and even make a sign (better chance to get them off Scotland fans in my experience) - no problem in my opinion

been to almost twenty away game only twice did I have official tickets always got tickets ie milan spain Lithuania X2 , the dam X2 Dublin X3 Belgium X2 Dortmund x1 wales x3 Slovenia x1 paris x1 larnaca X1 Poland never once paid over face value, as said above Macedonia got a ticket unable to get into ground. twice in with the ultras at Lithuania turned out to be some of the best times when in with the locals.and again got my ticket for Dublin also in with the locals best one for me was Slovenia most off us got in without any ticket the police just opened the gates. if you want trouble you will find it, however im a good boy just ask all my x wives