Score Predictions Motherwell V Whoever - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Score Predictions Motherwell V Whoever

Sorry - i never put my point across well

I totally agree with all you say however my point was solely in relation to Motherwell who have those 3 particular players that might give them a slight edge in the play off final

However i would say imo that Dundee and Hamilton last year were a wee bit better than QoS, Hibs and Rangers this year.

I would say that we have improved in the past 12 months, I also think that both rangers and Hibs would get the better of Motherwell over 2 legs. If queens got to the final whilst cannot say we would definitely win, we would run Motherwell close, and I would be quietly confident. Motherwell have some very decent players going forward, but are terrible at the back, and seem to struggle to create. Edited by WeLuvIrnBru

I would say that we have improved in the past 12 months, I also think that both rangers and Hibs would get the better of Motherwell over 2 legs. If queens got to the final whilst cannot say we would definitely win, we would run Motherwell close, and I would be quietly confident. Motherwell have some very decent players going forward, but are terrible at the back, and seem to struggle to create.

I don't think we struggle to create as such. If the finishing had been better we should have had 4 or 5 on Friday, but we squandered easy chance after easy chance where as Accies were clinical with theirs. There won't be a single Motherwell fan who will disagree with you about our defence. For the second match in a row a team has specifically targetted Straker(and to a lesser extent Law) and has won the match. It doesn't matter what you do as long as diddies like him are playing.

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

We currently do not meet the criteria as we only have 3,500 seats. However, it is my understanding that we will bring our seating capacity up to approximately 7,000 with temporary seats to begin with.

Just to add - apparently we don't need to do anything with our stadium, just get a new certificate for our artificial surface. It was in the newspapers today. I wasn't aware of this - but it is great news that we can keep our terracing in the top league (if we got there). I far prefer standing at games.

Just to add - apparently we don't need to do anything with our stadium, just get a new certificate for our artificial surface. It was in the newspapers today. I wasn't aware of this - but it is great news that we can keep our terracing in the top league (if we got there). I far prefer standing at games.

The Portland end is superb - like something you would expect to find in a larger old school ground (if there were any left...). Shame the Jim Bully (?) Shed has gone though.

The Portland end is superb - like something you would expect to find in a larger old school ground (if there were any left...). Shame the Jim Bully (?) Shed has gone though.

I always knew it as the Coo Shed - been away for a few years now. The Portland end is for home supporters and is where I stand at games. This year we re-opened the Terregles Street terrace (for the away support) as we made it safe and got a safety certificate. Our capacity has increased from just over 6500 to 8670 (or thereabouts) because of this.

Never been to Palmerston, and would like to go.

Hope I don't get to tick that ground off anytime soon though, unless it's as a result of them beating Ross county/k!llie in a play off!

we could meet them in the 2 legged play off. QoS have beaten hibs an rangers recently.

we could meet them in the 2 legged play off. QoS have beaten hibs an rangers recently.

Possible that you could be playing us in the final, our record against both Rangers and Hibs this season is identical - 2 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat. Our defeat to Rangers came at the start of the season at Ibrox when half our team were out injured. Rangers do not play well at Palmerston - 2-0 and 3-0 this season to us!

Possible that you could be playing us in the final, our record against both Rangers and Hibs this season is identical - 2 wins, 1 draw, 1 defeat. Our defeat to Rangers came at the start of the season at Ibrox when half our team were out injured. Rangers do not play well at Palmerston - 2-0 and 3-0 this season to us!

2 legged play off final, yes I am a motherwell fan.

unless st mirren catch us :!:

Yep - I know it's 2 legged. Looking forward to Fir Park already. Quietly confident, we are in form and have a strong defence, pace on the wings and upfront, the guile and skill of Lyle too. Most of our players are on form - they seem to have peaked at the right time (McShane and Dunan's form has dipped a little thought).

It will be a tricky route to the SPFHell - but one we are capable of taking at the moment.

Yep - I know it's 2 legged. Looking forward to Fir Park already. Quietly confident, we are in form and have a strong defence, pace on the wings and upfront, the guile and skill of Lyle too. Most of our players are on form - they seem to have peaked at the right time (McShane and Dunan's form has dipped a little thought).

It will be a tricky route to the SPFHell - but one we are capable of taking at the moment.

I can see why THE Rangers are desperate to finish second, they also know you are on form after beating them at Palmerston a few weeks ago.

I can see why THE Rangers are desperate to finish second, they also know you are on form after beating them at Palmerston a few weeks ago.

Yep - As long as Moshni and McCulloch play - we will win that game, just need to win by enough to take it to Ibrox. Although we drew with them 1-1 on our last vist, and were unlucky not to win.

Yep - As long as Moshni and McCulloch play - we will win that game, just need to win by enough to take it to Ibrox. Although we drew with them 1-1 on our last vist, and were unlucky not to win.

And to make it even easier, Boyd, Miller, Aird and Black in the starting line-up too - but wishing for all my christmases at once there.

I don't think St.Mirren will catch you. If you win at the weekend you would have a chance of overturning Ross County (although their form has been exceptional - last game apart). For selfish reasons (if we get to the final) I would hate a trip to Ross County! (although former manager would add a bit of spice - would love to send him down!). I stay in Lesmahagow now - so Fir Park would be perfection!