Irish Rail - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• 2 weeks later...

cant book Belfast to Dublin on irish rail site , transfers u through to translink/enterprise which only lets ya book 28 days in advance

I remember trying to book tickets not being all that straight forward last time (as you said, you would get redirected from one site to another, then back again), but was sure I booked a return ticket on the one site (granted it took a bit of looking about to figure out how to do it).

Booked Heuston - Mallow (tickets now available up to 14th June) today for 15 Euros. Again superb value and IR could teach Scotfail a thing or twelve about booking online (you're shown the layout of the carriage and asked to pick your seats - user friendly into the bargain). I've travelled on the Cork - Dublin line before and the trains are clean and modern.

What are the best stations to book? We are flying over to Belfast City Airport then looking to get train down to Dublin.

Is there a train station at Belfast City Airport??

Is Heuston the most central station in Dublin?

What are the best stations to book? We are flying over to Belfast City Airport then looking to get train down to Dublin.

Is there a train station at Belfast City Airport??

Is Heuston the most central station in Dublin?

The train from Belfast will take you into Connolly, which is centrally situated. Heuston is for trains serving south, southwest and west Ireland (the main route being the Dublin - Cork line).

There is no train station at Belfast City.

There's a bus to the train station though that takes 10mins

Not doubting you for a second (I've never even been to Belfast). But a look at google maps seems to shown a station called Sydenham pretty much opposite the airport. Is it a bit further than what I perceive it to be?

Bus to city centre to get the train down to Dublin definetly the best option?

Not doubting you for a second (I've never even been to Belfast). But a look at google maps seems to shown a station called Sydenham pretty much opposite the airport. Is it a bit further than what I perceive it to be?

Bus to city centre to get the train down to Dublin definetly the best option?

Erm...

I've never noticed this station you talk of, but Wikipedia does confirm its existence.

I've used the bus every time I've been before and never had any issues with it.

yes Sydenham , titanic quarter then central change for Dublin enterprise train, train aprox every 10-15 mins, about an 8 minute journey or a taxi. taxi no more than a tenner from Belfast city airport to central. or if you have a bit of time to spare bus into city centre alight at city hall.

Edited by washboarder