Flight From Aberdeen 12/06/15 @15.35 - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flight From Aberdeen 12/06/15 @15.35

They moved a whole load of people to the later flight a while ago.

They've clearly ran out of space now though. Call them back and get them to move you to an earlier/later flight.

If they don't have a direct flight that suits your schedule demand they send you via London (as it's actually them who fly the Virgin flights to London).

Refuse to pay an extra penny.

Yep they got in touch with me around 2 months ago to tell me that the morning flight had been moved to mid afternoon and would it be possible to move me to the evening flight - I politely told them where to go as flying mid Friday afternoon is already losing us 6 hours in Dublin.

I wouldn't pay another penny either.

They moved a whole load of people to the later flight a while ago.

They've clearly ran out of space now though. Call them back and get them to move you to an earlier/later flight.

If they don't have a direct flight that suits your schedule demand they send you via London (as it's actually them who fly the Virgin flights to London).

Refuse to pay an extra penny.

If they cant reroute you with their own schedules / planes, I think they must reroute at their cost even with an other carrier. e.g. Via London with BA then on to Dublin say with Aer Lingus. Don't give in, most airlines try and fob you off, just be polite but firm that they must get you there, as they are at fault!!

Eventually got through to their customer services. Now they are saying that although the flight is over booked we will definitely get on. They are just asking for volunteers to move. Think I am more worried now.

I had the guy on the phone this week too

He said the plane that is now to be used on the route is smaller than the original one planned and there are 20 people overbooked. They are trying to reschedule people now , so that there isn't chaos at the airport when June rolls around.

The morning flight to Heathrow and the 3.30 to Dublin gets you in about the same time as this one anyway

The sunday flight home is not affected

I had the guy on the phone this week too

He said the plane that is now to be used on the route is smaller than the original one planned and there are 20 people overbooked. They are trying to reschedule people now , so that there isn't chaos at the airport when June rolls around.

The morning flight to Heathrow and the 3.30 to Dublin gets you in about the same time as this one anyway

The sunday flight home is not affected

What happens if they don`t get the extra 20 people to move voluntarily. Worried they will just bump people on the day of the flight.

What happens if they don`t get the extra 20 people to move voluntarily. Worried they will just bump people on the day of the flight.

They'll have to. If there's no space, there's no space.

I recommend not being last to check-in.

normal practice for airlines to overbook,if no volunteers between now and on the day they will or should offer compo and offer you a seat on their next available flight

They said if they didn't have enough volunteers then people would be bumped at the airport.

Changing now means its not an issue as nearer the time , we've moved so its only 17 folk they need to get sorted

with the time of the flight , if you wait and get bumped, there are few options to get to Dublin on the Friday , so you could end up with a few quid , but miss most of the weekend fannying around airports

I didn't get offered any compensation :(

Get checked in online as soon as it opens as well as getting to the airport early. Wouldnt believe how common it is for them to overbook.

What flights have you moved to mate?

ABZ to LHR @ 11.55 , LHR to DUB @ 15.50 - gets in about the same time as we would have going direct

But i think they take any combination of the Virgin ABZ - Heathrow flights and Aer Lingus to Dublin , just mind and give yourself plenty transfer time in Heathrow.

There is an earlier flight to Dublin , but i'm not wanting to be charging round heathrow for a connection :)

Just had another email from Aer Lingus on this

Nobody needs to re-route now as they're laying on a second plane , 5 minutes after the first one

Seems a bit shambolic! I've paid £200 for a seat on a morning flight which has now been moved to the afternoon. Now there's another flight being arranged which I assume will be cheaper than £200 a head!