How Low Can The No Campaign Go! - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

How Low Can The No Campaign Go!

http://www.heraldscotland.com/politics/referendum-news/polish-workers-told-by-no-activists-you-would-have-to-leave-an-indy-scotlan.25260906

Polish workers 'told by No activists: you would have to leave an indy Scotland'

YES campaigners have demanded an apology from Better Together amid claims that No activists warned Polish and other EU nationals that they would be forced to leave the country if Scotland became independent.

Lobbyists for independence say they became concerned after Poles contacted local Yes representatives to ask whether Scotland leaving the EU following a Yes vote would put their residency at risk. They said they had been doorstepped by No activists who suggested their automatic right to live in Scotland, protected by EU free movement of people laws, would be placed in jeopardy by independence.

Edited by FuNsTeR

beleive me the No press can and have went a lot lower than this.They make up stories,print peoples pictures in their pages and just spout pish.

I think the press can do what they want, facts don't matter anymore just impressions. Just get that undecided to vote No and its job done whatever the truth is. We've seen a lot of it and I would expect to see a lot more over the next week. Just needs people to be on the ball and challenge it when it happens, gracefully but vigorously.

There was a story in the Scotsman (I think) about Salmond being "pressurised" on the ISIS/IS business - basically they were trying to use that poor Scottish hostage as propaganda in the indyef debate. I don't think it is possible to get below that level of cynicism.

Edited by Alibi

Months ago a Bulgarian who drives taxis here in Glenrothes told me that he and his mates had been told to vote no. He never said who had told them, but he did say they had been told if Yes won, they would be sent home. I've told him on several occasions that this is not true. Hopefully I've got through to him, but not sure.

Edited by tam fae kofta

Seeing stuff on Facebook from people born on British Military bases abroad who have been told that they will not qualify for a Scottish passport. Also that kids born on such bases will be regarded as 'foreign' following a Yes vote.

Can anyone confirm as bollocks so I can reply ?

The proposed rules on Scottish citizenship:

http://scotreferendum.com/questions/what-different-routes-to-citizenship-will-exist-under-the-scottish-governments-proposals-and-who-will-qualify-for-these/

Don't think there's any problems with Scottish citizenship (and therefore Scottish passport) in the situation you've described.

Seeing stuff on Facebook from people born on British Military bases abroad who have been told that they will not qualify for a Scottish passport. Also that kids born on such bases will be regarded as 'foreign' following a Yes vote.

Can anyone confirm as bollocks so I can reply ?

I'm in the exact same position (Dad was posted down to England when I was born).

It is Bollox.

J