Tartan Trek - Walking From Home (Ipswich) To The Gibraltar Game - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Tartan Trek - Walking From Home (Ipswich) To The Gibraltar Game

DeeRus

Please take a moment and if possible send an intrepid (some might say, bonkers!) footsolder a couple of quid maybe??

So its the night before Scot (ScottyAlba) starts his Tartan Trek, and it seems appropriate to promote his penultimate day!

Day 10 (March 27th) Ecclefechan – Abington and its a steady 38 miles again today - Scot probably doesn't want to think about this right now but at the end of his 10th day on the road, he's now covered .................... wait for it

THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY THREE MILES!!

On a slightly brighter piece of news .............. only 37 miles to go on the last day :D

Do we have any Tartan Army in the area and able to come out and cheer him on, for any part of his routes?

18/03/15 Day 1, IPSWICH – Bury St Edmunds 25 miles

Day 2, Bury – Sutton Bridge 45 miles

Day 3, Sutton Bridge – Billinghay 35 miles

Day 4, Billinghay – Gainsborough 33 miles

Day 5, Gainsborough – Ackworth 34 Miles

Day 6, Ackworth – Kildwick 35 Miles

Day 7, Kildwick – Casterton 35 Miles

Day 8, Casterton – Penrith 35 miles

Day 9, Penrith – Ecclefechan 38 Miles

Day 10, Ecclefechan – Abington 38 miles

29/03/15 Day 11 Abington – GLASGOW 37 miles

(I'm tired just reading that!)

Scot's aim is to try and raise enough funds so that each of the charities, including ourselves, the Tartan Army Sunshine Appeal and the TACC, will be better off to the tune of (hopefully) £1000!

Please take a moment to donate -
www.sponsorme.co.uk/scotrowland/tartan-trek

Good luck Scott - Everywhere we go! :ok:

Edited by DeeRus

I live 7 miles from billinghay ,what time will he be arriving/leaving there, great what he is doing and well worth supporting

I'll do my best to find out more details but I'd guess he'll be setting off around 08.00/09.00 each day and he'll be averaging 10 hour days :yikes3:

Our intrepid explorer, aka ScottyAlba, has completed his second day of his Tartan Trek and you can keep up to day with his progress on this page -

https://www.facebook.com/tartantrek/info?tab=page_info

Remember, his pain would be somewhat reduced, with a few pounds here and there as a donation :cheers3:

http://www.sponsorme.co.uk/scotrowland/tartan-trek

Everywhere we Go :ok:
(Or in this case Scot!!)

Scot is showing his true grit and determination, after twisting his ankle and I'm sure a few more pounds in donations, will help numb the pain ?

http://www.sponsorme.co.uk/scotrowland/tartan-trek

Keep it up Scot (ooh err!)

Everywhere we Go ???