Sunday Afternoon Thought..... - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sunday Afternoon Thought.....

scotsgary1

All,

I know a lot of guys on here dont like rugby !!

I am not a big fan myself but last night we were superb no longer the laughing stock of the six nations.

With there new manager it was our best performance for a long time !!

It mirrors our football team going places the first time in at least a decade ,I am really positive about the future for both.

Looking into it must show that its the management structure rather than the players ??

Maybe a bit of both ??

Anyways long live Scotland best team in the world............................

Must admit I'm starting to get itchy feet, the norn iron and gibralter games can't come round quick enough. Nothing beats Scotland games.

As for the rugger lads, for as little as I know about rugby hope they get a few more wins than they normally seem to do.

A change of manager makes a huge difference. To think there are some in media and generally (including on here when Levein, Burley and Vogts took us to some real depths) who argue that a manager can only do so much based on the players they have at their disposal. The "when they cross that white line"argument is still trotted out - completely ignoring tactics, formations, squad desire and motivation.......This nonsensical argument is still being trotted out by some or was until recently - Derek Johnstone defending Ally McCoist as one example.......An effective manager will not turn a team of journeymen into world-beaters; however he will get the most out of them which is what piss-poor managers can never do.......