Alexander Litvinenko - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Alexander Litvinenko

Due to Flora post about the vow+ i went to the BBC website to have a look and noticed this story is appearing as a main headline.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-31096849

I haven't looked at this for years, but I can't believe they're trying to say someone assassinated him with £10 million pounds of traceable radioactive material , well specifically big bad Putin.

For me it is pretty obvious he was smuggling it and got contaminated, him and Mario Scaramella.

The story goes he was going to out Putin as someone who had a tendency to like little children !!!!!!!!!! Never let a good story get in the way of the truth :)

Yeah stemming from Putin kissing a child on the stomach, i read that at the time. Considering Litmo had already admitted to smuggling nuclear material out of the former USSR, i find Putin ordering his death using traceable material worth millions of pounds to stop him being accused as a child molester extremely far-fetched.

His gaurd was up so he must have known and to a certain degree trusted his killer.

who then poisoned him during a very public and freindly cup of tea.

You've got to remember these guys are pros, and capable of anything.

I'd love to have seen the polis at Heathrow when Litvenenko walked up to him and said "I'm a KGB Officer".

His gaurd was up so he must have known and to a certain degree trusted his killer.

who then poisoned him during a very public and freindly cup of tea.

Or he was smuggling polonium and fecked it up and killed himself with radiation. Which is the much more plausible explanation(to me) considering he was running about with Mario Scaramella.

just to add Boris Berezovsky was also very , very wary man. He was found hanging from his own shower rail in his house and an open verdict was returned.

Edited by phart

Or he was smuggling polonium and fecked it up and killed himself with radiation. Which is the much more plausible explanation(to me) considering he was running about with Mario Scaramella.

just to add Boris Berezovsky was also very , very wary man. He was found hanging from his own shower rail in his house and an open verdict was returned.

If you wanted to bump off a known nuclear smuggler and cover your tracks, wouldn't using nuclear material be the perfect choice?

Because people will discount his death as an accident

that worked out well...

2 Russians up for extrradition

a court case running still 9 years later.

had enough time to make his deathbed accusations

Ran in the press for years.

I'm probably the only person on this board who thinks he was smuggling it/accident

It might have been the plan, and i'm the dumbfeck who fell for it ... feck. :ok:

that worked out well...

2 Russians up for extrradition

a court case running still 9 years later.

had enough time to make his deathbed accusations

Ran in the press for years.

I'm probably the only person on this board who thinks he was smuggling it/accident

It might have been the plan, and i'm the dumbfeck who fell for it ... feck. :ok:

OK so can you sum up your theory briefly (or does it exist somewhere?)

What was Litvinenko up to? What went wrong/ when?

What were the guys with the cup of tea up to?

Who says it was murder and what do the accused say happened?

What's in it for the state broadcaster(s) to accuse or deny?

OK so can you sum up your theory briefly (or does it exist somewhere?)

What was Litvinenko up to? What went wrong/ when?

What were the guys with the cup of tea up to?

Who says it was murder and what do the accused say happened?

What's in it for the state broadcaster(s) to accuse or deny?

I just went and got the wiki for ease of reading.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Litvinenko_assassination_theories#Polonium_smuggling_and_careless_handling_theory

OK so there are several theories.

But that doesn't tell us what happened, what went wrong and when.... or what the guys with the cup of tea were up to... who was Scaramella... and what's in it for the state broadcasters (I think you were implying the BBC were somehow pushing one theory (British intelligence theory?) and maybe not telling us the whole truth? :wink2: )

OK so there are several theories.

But that doesn't tell us what happened, what went wrong and when.... or what the guys with the cup of tea were up to... who was Scaramella... and what's in it for the state broadcasters (I think you were implying the BBC were somehow pushing one theory (British intelligence theory?) and maybe not telling us the whole truth? :wink2: )

Yeah I'm being vague as feck i know. I last looked at this years ago when it happened, i'll need to read up for the specifics again.