A Lovely Man.... - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

A Lovely Man....

A great player in a very good St Mirren team.

He was as hard as nails, and in another time would certainly have played for Scotland.

I wish him loads of success with the book....sad to think that he lost a son so young, who may have been saved if he'd had the disease today.

I honestly thought he had played for Scotland. Some player in his pomp.

Pool Q, I could be wrong, but I have it in my mind that he was in the squad for my very first Scotland match (Bulgaria 1978) but never made it onto the park. If it wasn't that game it was around then. Never capped tho which only goes to show how spoilt we were in midfield during the late 70s and early 80s.

Pool Q, I could be wrong, but I have it in my mind that he was in the squad for my very first Scotland match (Bulgaria 1978) but never made it onto the park. If it wasn't that game it was around then. Never capped tho which only goes to show how spoilt we were in midfield during the late 70s and early 80s.

He was certainly talked about for Scotland, and may well have been in squads. The fact that I thought he had been capped shows how much I know.

Believe there was an SFA quota on midfield taches in those days

Fortunately for bobby Connor that souness had retired by his call up

I'm too young to remember Fitzy in his first spell and the glory season under Fergie but I can recall worshipping him in the mid 80s when I started going to all the games rather than just a few per season.

A top player, a great guy but a truly awful manager. When I think of the stick some of our managers have taken from the fans Tony got off very, very lightly ..but hey...its Tony !

For some of us he is simply our all time hero.

My mate has a Fitzy tattoo...his fully moustachioed coupon from the 1970's. Looks like a mugshot. When I saw it part of me thought 'WTF' and the other part of me thought 'get one'. I haven't ..yet.

I'm too young to remember Fitzy in his first spell and the glory season under Fergie but I can recall worshipping him in the mid 80s when I started going to all the games rather than just a few per season.

A top player, a great guy but a truly awful manager. When I think of the stick some of our managers have taken from the fans Tony got off very, very lightly ..but hey...its Tony !

For some of us he is simply our all time hero.

My mate has a Fitzy tattoo...his fully moustachioed coupon from the 1970's. Looks like a mugshot. When I saw it part of me thought 'WTF' and the other part of me thought 'get one'. I haven't ..yet.

As much as I loved Fitzy Mickey, I think I'd stick with the WTF option if I were you.