Hibs - Non-Executive Directors - Morris Mcbriarty - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Hibs - Non-Executive Directors - Morris Mcbriarty

Just found out that Hibs are to elect two supporters to the board and also that a pal of mine Morris McBriarty is on the shortlist of 17.

For Hibs fans out there, and if you have a vote, let me recommend Morris. He has experience in boardroom environments and says tbe things that some of us wish we had have thought of at the time! He has a history of actually challenging the Hibs management which is how he came to the attention of Leanne Dempster in tbe first place. He wants to represent the fans and push for the things important to the majority of the fans.....and is a good choice to do it! So, since it is difficult to make such an important decision based on 17 statements on a website alone, I hope a recommendation from a fellow footsoldier helps!

Non-Hibs fans - What do you think? Is this a positive step by a club? Will it make a difference? Surely the fans are most interested in getting the best team possible on the park and also in the ticket pricing policy. Difficult to see where a fan rep on the board would bring this change without the relevant finance experience for one thing [incidentally......Morris I mention above has a lot of experience in both finance and recruitment/talent retention].

At least in a time when we think the fans are largely being ignored this seems to be a step in the right direction.

As football has become more corporate, I think a fan rep needs to have corporate experience and also be in touch with the demands of the majority of ordinary fans.

We know football has changed over last two decades or more, largely down to TV money, but is it naiive to think that the game once belonged to the ordinary fan??

Thanks Giblet.......incidentally, it is this perception that Morris wants to fully 'clarify' if you know what I mean! :wink2:

Does anyone think an initiative like this at the SFA would have made a difference to the recent ticket pricing hike??

I thought we already had a 'voice' or at least the SFA knows our thoughts on things like membership prices and 'goodies'.

Maybe it means that there were more people than we think answering the recent survey suggesting they would rather the

'goodies' than cheaper tickets for example??