Peterhead Fined £10000 - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Peterhead Fined £10000

Peterhead claim they had telephone confirmation that the player in question was eligible; indeed, they had contacted the SFA to specifically check that he could play. The SFA, apparently, have no record of the alleged conversation. So...either Peterhead are outright lying...or the SFA have been incompetent, both by giving the club the wrong information, and by having no record of the conversation. Which, do we think, is the more likely?

<<Puts on Columbo coat>>

They should be able to show that they phoned the Scottish FA by their phone records.

<<Puts on Columbo coat>>

They should be able to show that they phoned the Scottish FA by their phone records.

You'd think wouldn't you? The fact that they're not taking it any further does tend to the suggestion that McInally mat have been telling porkies about phoning the SFA. :blink:

Heard today from a Board member that Peterhead have provided phone records to show call was made. Also an SFA staff member can remember the call and also the players name, before forwarding the call to the relevant department. The plot thickens.

Heard today from a Board member that Peterhead have provided phone records to show call was made. Also an SFA staff member can remember the call and also the players name, before forwarding the call to the relevant department. The plot thickens.

Heard today that Peterhead had a consultant tell them about their phone records and their suitability for use as evidence.

• 2 weeks later...

<<Puts on Columbo coat>>

Heard today that Peterhead had a consultant tell them about their phone records and their suitability for use as evidence.

EXCLUSIVE!!!

My sources (my dad's mate knows the chairman) have exculsively relevaled that the lassie in the club office has been sacked. Sounds like someone phuked up :oops:

Edited by ZoltanBuchan

EXCLUSIVE!!!

My sources (my dad's mate knows the chairman) have exculsively relevaled that the lassie in the club office has been sacked. Sounds like someone phuked up :oops:

Unless she has lied about it afterwards to cover her mistake, that's a bit harsh! We all make mistakes. Admittedly not always 10 grands worth....

I thought it was a replay of the home game on Saturday 15th November at Somerset park? I had the unfortunate pleasure of watching that game.

So Peterhead will have to travel to Ayr again.