Identical Malloney Goal (For Wigan) - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Identical Malloney Goal (For Wigan)

Haggis_trap

i just wish he wasnt such a late developer for scotland or had more of a chance and less bad luck with injuries although he looks about 25 so hopefully he still has another 3 years at international level

He'll certainly do for this campaign and (hopefully) the Euros.

But there is a variety of youngsters emerging right now that will be staking a claim in the next couple of years. So I wouldn't worry too much about his age. Let's enjoy his great form while we have it.

I have complete faith in the next generation of Scots.

Remember when he was in the U21's beside Faddy and Fletch that he always looked the one with most potential, but problem always was he never had a exact position... He wasn't a forward, hardly much of a winger and far from a midfielder.

Remember saying when Strachan got the job that I expected Maloney to be the player that improves the most, and looks to be the case.

The 4-2-3-1 suits him because those three attacking positions could all be good for him.

I remember Burley sticking him upfront against someone like Norway and we hit long balls up to him and there were folk on here wondering why he made no impact against their giant defenders.

Strachan is getting the best out of him and its brilliant to watch!

He'll certainly do for this campaign and (hopefully) the Euros.

But there is a variety of youngsters emerging right now that will be staking a claim in the next couple of years. So I wouldn't worry too much about his age. Let's enjoy his great form while we have it.

I have complete faith in the next generation of Scots.

I guess we will have snodgrass coming back hopefully (a bit worried about his injury) and if gauld develops like we are all praying then we should be covered and forrest might be fit again within 2 years, that's a long shot though i know.

Played against Maloney when he was 14. We were all 18 back then and he ran rings around us.

although a few people in Aberdeen claim the only reason he made it was that he got to go back an age group and was nothing special when playing against guys his own age at that time, an old mate of mine still holds on to his claim of fame of keeping him out of a primary school team.

Edited by LewisEDI

although a few people in Aberdeen claim the only reason he made it was that he got to go back an age group and was nothing special when playing against guys his own age at that time, an old mate of mine still holds on to his claim of fame of keeping him out of a primary school team.

Derek Adams of Ross county played in same game. He was average in comparison.

Always made we wonder how good guys like bale, messi or even faddy were as kids

Young players should be playing against players the same size as them and not necessarily players the same age as them.

If players are always kept with players the same age as them, the big, early developers will overpower smaller, more skilful players before fading away when the smaller players catch up physically.