After the game - Scotland v Switzerland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

After the game

For those who will be going to the game itself, but are based in other places such as bonn and duseldorf what are your plans for after because it looks like to me it will be hard to make trains after the stadium so will there be more trains or buses or do people plan to get taxis ? thank s

1 minute ago, HampdenLoon said:

For those who will be going to the game itself, but are based in other places such as bonn and duseldorf what are your plans for after because it looks like to me it will be hard to make trains after the stadium so will there be more trains or buses or do people plan to get taxis ? thank s

Do you mean more trains getting away from stadium back to town and then central station? Or do you mean more trains back from central station to other places? First one I would say yes, 2nd one no.

ok thanks Yes i meant mainly back to other places . I'm wondering what others are planning to do if they cant get back to other places. is it too expensive to get taxis back or is it an all night scotland party in cologne lol 😄

For all the folk within the free rail travel area, trains cannot be booked.

Therefore I imagine it will be an absolute rammy inside the station after midnight, trying to jump on any train going in your direction...

1 hour ago, saintsparky said:

Therefore I imagine it will be an absolute rammy inside the station after midnight, trying to jump on any train going in your direction...

Could be. As already suggested in various posts in this forum, I would party all night and take first train back early am. 

5 hours ago, saintsparky said:

Seat only option can be booked on trains via DB app without booking the journey? €4.90 per journey so worth taking the punt.
Not sure if on all trains but we've got some seats only booked on trains where my ticket is covered with the Lufthansa fly/train  ticket. 

14 hours ago, Derekm said:

Seat only option can be booked on trains via DB app without booking the journey? €4.90 per journey so worth taking the punt.
Not sure if on all trains but we've got some seats only booked on trains where my ticket is covered with the Lufthansa fly/train  ticket. 

As long as you have a valid ticket for that connection then easy to only book seat reservations 

On 4/3/2024 at 11:47 AM, TA-West Germany said:

Could be. As already suggested in various posts in this forum, I would party all night and take first train back early am. 

Wish i was still young enough tae party all night at my age 😆, I am hoping to get 00.07or 00.14 or even 01.07 back to Neuss after the game so hoping thats a possibility TA-West Germany ?

I couldnt afford Cologne prices so went for 5 days in Neuss & I am getting Deutschlandticket for my two weeks in Germany for use on none match days in addition to ICE train bookings I have made-Can i ask what is your opinion of Neuss, it seems  a decent place from YouTube videos? Thanks

8 hours ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

Wish i was still young enough tae party all night at my age 😆, I am hoping to get 00.07or 00.14 or even 01.07 back to Neuss after the game so hoping thats a possibility TA-West Germany ?

I couldnt afford Cologne prices so went for 5 days in Neuss & I am getting Deutschlandticket for my two weeks in Germany for use on none match days in addition to ICE train bookings I have made-Can i ask what is your opinion of Neuss, it seems  a decent place from YouTube videos? Thanks

For the 1.07 back to Neuss you should be fine after the game. Hotel prices in Cologne turned nuts aye… neuss is a suburb town of Dusseldorf, you should go to Düsseldorf city centre 

3 hours ago, TA-West Germany said:

For the 1.07 back to Neuss you should be fine after the game. Hotel prices in Cologne turned nuts aye… neuss is a suburb town of Dusseldorf, you should go to Düsseldorf city centre 

Thanks so much, i am a Runrig fanatic & always remember Cologne being a special  place in their hearts…. I just hope NEUSS is fun…. Like I hope it would be, I never had a Kolsch beer I am looking forward to trying it…..I been to Berlin only & I loved it & every single German seems to get us & I love the idea of it…wish my daughter could have got tickets but thats just the way it is….. my lovely PoppA loved Germany in 1974 & he here no more but he reckoned it was the best….  

7 hours ago, Andy of Lochcarron said:

Thanks so much, i am a Runrig fanatic & always remember Cologne being a special  place in their hearts…. I just hope NEUSS is fun…. Like I hope it would be, I never had a Kolsch beer I am looking forward to trying it…..I been to Berlin only & I loved it & every single German seems to get us & I love the idea of it…wish my daughter could have got tickets but thats just the way it is….. my lovely PoppA loved Germany in 1974 & he here no more but he reckoned it was the best….  

You will love Cologne, same as all other TA folk

52 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

I'm going back to Essen.

Seem to run all night 

00.30, 00.49, then 02.09am etc. 

I’ll also be returning to Essen after the game, then need to get to Düsseldorf airport by 0930 for flight the next day, might just party all night 🍺 I assume no booking required for these trains ??

Edited by DubsDave

2 hours ago, DubsDave said:

I’ll also be returning to Essen after the game, then need to get to Düsseldorf airport by 0930 for flight the next day, might just party all night 🍺 I assume no booking required for these trains ??

What a back and forth, better bring your luggage to Cologne and lock it. Regional trains will be free with match ticket 

9 minutes ago, TA-West Germany said:

What a back and forth, better bring your luggage to Cologne and lock it. Regional trains will be free with match ticket 

Thanks for advice, are there many lockers in Cologne station ?