Complacency Removed - These Results could work in our favour - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Complacency Removed - These Results could work in our favour

Germany are firm favourites to win the opening match at the Euros in June.

Our recent form has removed any complacency, that we were world beaters.

SCOTLAND PERFOM BEST WHEN THEY ARE UNDER DOGS.

I must congratulate northern ireland on their smash and grab result with 27% of possession. 

They played to their strentghs but Germany will be a more open game and I expect us to have the 27%.

image.png.b9bfaf0552e628ef85e357b39395a4d6.png

I'm hopeful too as the crowd booing seemed to sting a few - there's been a bit of the big 'we are' since qualifying so hopefully this is a rocket up their arse as we're not good enough just to rock up and tippy tap about a bit. 

On 3/27/2024 at 2:12 PM, ThistleWhistle said:

I'm hopeful too as the crowd booing seemed to sting a few - there's been a bit of the big 'we are' since qualifying so hopefully this is a rocket up their arse as we're not good enough just to rock up and tippy tap about a bit. 

👍🤞

On 3/27/2024 at 2:12 PM, ThistleWhistle said:

Last point is a good one, my main criticism (not that I have any or much at all) is that at times on the ball we are a bit too laboured when moving it about, I get at times it pays to be patient with it but with a team sitting back against us I don't think we move it well enough on the ground to cut through

On 4/5/2024 at 3:16 PM, N4Footsoldier said:

Last point is a good one, my main criticism (not that I have any or much at all) is that at times on the ball we are a bit too laboured when moving it about, I get at times it pays to be patient with it but with a team sitting back against us I don't think we move it well enough on the ground to cut through

Yes.When a team sits in deep against us our passing and movement are way too slow.We are definately better against teams who come forward against us.Don't think many teams will sit in deep against us at the euros so hopefully will play to our strenghts.