Changing Email addreses with UEFA - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Changing Email addreses with UEFA

GLOSTA

I travelled abroad quite a bit last year- managed to make all the Scotland games and many visits for work.

On numerous occasions I got locked out of my BT Email account, causing some problems checking in for flights etc.

I had always assumed it was the kids logging in to watch BT sports etc... But on about the eighth or ninth occasion I called BT when I got home.

Astonishingly I was told, and they have confirmed again, 'that BT Email is not designed to be used outside of the UK and we cannot guarantee it will work'. So, when we get out of the group and progress to thw final,  I am slightly concerned my email won't work when needing to buy tix.

So, a long way to get to a daft question.... does anyone know if we change Email addresses with UEFA and SSC after we purchased tickets if it will affect getting them?

3 hours ago, GLOSTA said:

I travelled abroad quite a bit last year- managed to make all the Scotland games and many visits for work.

On numerous occasions I got locked out of my BT Email account, causing some problems checking in for flights etc.

I had always assumed it was the kids logging in to watch BT sports etc... But on about the eighth or ninth occasion I called BT when I got home.

Astonishingly I was told, and they have confirmed again, 'that BT Email is not designed to be used outside of the UK and we cannot guarantee it will work'. So, when we get out of the group and progress to thw final,  I am slightly concerned my email won't work when needing to buy tix.

So, a long way to get to a daft question.... does anyone know if we change Email addresses with UEFA and SSC after we purchased tickets if it will affect getting them?

I doubt anyone here is qualified to answer unless they’ve had a similar scenario. 

Personally, I would check your UEFA account to see if it permits email address to be changed. 

If it does, just go ahead and create a hotmail/gmail account and update both your UEFA and SSC accounts to use that. 

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

I doubt anyone here is qualified to answer unless they’ve had a similar scenario. 

Personally, I would check your UEFA account to see if it permits email address to be changed. 

If it does, just go ahead and create a hotmail/gmail account and update both your UEFA and SSC accounts to use that. 

Thanks for advice... looked and doesn't allow you to change, you have to write to them. Fair enough, guess they are trying to stop touts etc.

Edited by GLOSTA

BT are talking shite. 

It may flag you're logging in from a new IP but it will have security checks in place.  Doesn't BT have its own dedicated email app?

Gmail/Hotmail do a Web browser check when trying one new device or location but never when using the app.

Seen a boy with something similar on Facebook who has changed phone and can’t get on the ticket app

I changed phone a few weeks back but I can still access my UEFA account so now a bit worried if the ticketing app is something different

On 3/6/2024 at 10:49 AM, LoganRoy said:

BT are talking shite. 

It may flag you're logging in from a new IP but it will have security checks in place.  Doesn't BT have its own dedicated email app?

Gmail/Hotmail do a Web browser check when trying one new device or location but never when using the app.

They have suggested using the app and a vpn...I have been trying it but it crashes, a lot.

Normally changing an email address on an account wouldn't bother me but a few of my pals have had a nightmare with the new SSC ticket system which makes me.loathe to touch anything.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2024 at 1:15 PM, Bzzzz said:

Fill in this form and they'll come back to you. Their customer service is utterly outstanding. 

Submit a request – UEFA EURO 2024™

Cheers for posting this. I signed up to the ticket app using an Apple ID and Hide My Email. This meant I couldn't sign into the app cause the code wouldn't arrive. Got in touch through that link and its in the process of getting sorted.

2 hours ago, Derek said:

You can do it but you need to supply I.D. such as passport etc 

Aye, I've had to email a picture of my passport. They even showed how to do this securely. Really good customer service.

On 3/22/2024 at 3:55 PM, davefaekofta said:

You got any spare Derek,taking granddaughter to first tournament?😀🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Wish i had 😪.  If our flight or train gets delayed we won't even make Munich.

10 hours ago, Derek said:

Wish i had 😪.  If our flight or train gets delayed we won't even make Munich.

I’m going early,6 nights Munich,4 Cologne and 3 Stutgart,is big Ron going ?  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Edited by davefaekofta

On 3/26/2024 at 6:53 PM, davefaekofta said:

I’m going early,6 nights Munich,4 Cologne and 3 Stutgart,is big Ron going ?  🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Aye he's going.  We gambled last June when flights come out.  10 nights in Dusseldorf then one night Amsterdam on way home.  Trains to Munich and Stuttgart all sorted, will sort Cologne over there as this should be free with match tickets. 

1 hour ago, Derek said:

Aye he's going.  We gambled last June when flights come out.  10 nights in Dusseldorf then one night Amsterdam on way home.  Trains to Munich and Stuttgart all sorted, will sort Cologne over there as this should be free with match tickets. 

👍 a few of my Perth mates did that,they got Frankfurt cheap as chips 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

3 hours ago, Derek said:

Düsseldorf to Cologne easy as fuck 😎