Running in Munich - Scotland v Germany - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Running in Munich

dezmondo

Hi, 

A wee bit of a different topic here and I understand it won't be in many or any folk's plans!

I'm planning on doing an ultramarathon around Munich the day before the match. Likely 50km.

It's always a great way to see a city. I never run for charity or anything but I may for this given the occasion. I wonder if TACC may be interested. 

Anyway, I know 99.9% of folk will be in the pub but if anyone is interested or knows anyone maybe interested in running all or part of the way please send me a message 👍

• 2 months later...

I'm training for the London marathon at the moment, you are not the only one who likes running. I would of ran part of it with but I don't get there until the Friday. 

Hope it goes well and you should definitely do it for TACC.

On 3/13/2024 at 2:32 PM, MartinTartan said:

I'm planning on doing the Parkrun in the west side of Munich the day after the firs game (assuming I'm in a reasonable state after the night before)

I will have a look and see. if I am fit enough after the Friday I might just do the parkrun. 

I'm planning on doing the Parkrun in the west side of Munich the day after the firs game (assuming I'm in a reasonable state after the night before)

1 hour ago, stitch said:

I will have a look and see. if I am fit enough after the Friday I might just do the parkrun. 

Anyone remotely fit to do a parkrun after we beat Germany should have their legs amputated - IMO 

I've managed to work out a rough route and plan to do 50km. Will likely start around 9am and be done by around 2.30pm.....at least it'll keep me off the beer for one night! 

I've contacted the TACC and will be raising money on their behalf and will post details closer to the time. 

If the game was any day other than Friday night, I suspect there would have been a lot of people doing Parkrun. I'm hoping to get along to the one in Stuttgart the following week as no doubt sick of 🍺 by that point 😀