Cologne F.C. Tartan Army West Germany may… - Page 5 - Scotland v Switzerland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Cologne F.C. Tartan Army West Germany may…

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 1/21/2024 at 10:19 PM, Auchenshoogle tartan army said:

Is there anybody got a supporters bus going from Frankfurt to Cologne for the Switzerland 🇨🇭 match with spare seats? There are 4 of us. 

Train is quite easy from Frankfurt to CGN mate 

On 1/21/2024 at 9:19 PM, Auchenshoogle tartan army said:

Is there anybody got a supporters bus going from Frankfurt to Cologne for the Switzerland 🇨🇭 match with spare seats? There are 4 of us. 

3 of Us on the 13.09 Train Out of Frankfurt! Maybe See you on it!

Edited by Craig Fae Hamilton

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/21/2024 at 9:19 PM, Auchenshoogle tartan army said:

Busses are a non starter. One of my contacts looked into running a bus a relatively short distance.

They wanted a 1000 euro deposit per bus incase of damage and 500 euro depsoit for permits.

It was basically a cash cow exercise and they didn't entertain our business. 

34 minutes ago, GroundsKeeper said:

Busses are a non starter. One of my contacts looked into running a bus a relatively short distance.

They wanted a 1000 euro deposit per bus incase of damage and 500 euro depsoit for permits.

It was basically a cash cow exercise and they didn't entertain our business. 

not for us, the group I'm going with have got buses booked for last 2 games from Darmstadt, hotel gave us name of bus company to use and we got them for a reasonable price, 

20 hours ago, greigc96 said:

not for us, the group I'm going with have got buses booked for last 2 games from Darmstadt, hotel gave us name of bus company to use and we got them for a reasonable price, 

Fantatsic, obviously different bus companies have different rules.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/28/2024 at 8:34 AM, TA-West Germany said:

Train is quite easy from Frankfurt to CGN mate 

Hi mate.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but me and a few mates fly into Frankfurt early on Tues 18th June.

Do you need to prebook the ICE trains or can you just turn up & buy a ticket a bit like ScotRail?

Easier to prebook obviously but just concerned that if the flight is delayed and we miss the train we have booked, we would need to then rebook another one anyway. 

Also we are staying on Brusseler Straße near Molkestraße station, area looks ok close to the city centre…?

Cheers 🍺

Edited by Toll Bridge TA

16 minutes ago, Toll Bridge TA said:

Hi mate.

Apologies if this has already been asked, but me and a few mates fly into Frankfurt early on Tues 18th June.

Do you need to prebook the ICE trains or can you just turn up & buy a ticket a bit like ScotRail?

Easier to prebook obviously but just concerned that if the flight is delayed and we miss the train we have booked, we would need to then rebook another one anyway. 

Also we are staying on Brusseler Straße near Molkestraße station, area looks ok close to the city centre…?

Cheers 🍺

If you pre book it’s loads cheaper. In case yer flight’s late, you still should be fine to take next train.

Your location is in the middle of all the action.

10 hours ago, Paisley87 said:

Can you tell me if I should base myself in bergisch gladbach or kirchweg 125, they both seem similar distance away from Cologne centre, although Kirchweg is near the stadium 

Kirschweg if Junkersdorf then walking distance to stadium. Would mean that if you want a big booze after game in Cologne then you’d have to go from stadium to town and back after the big party. Few pubs in Junkersdorf but neighbourhood more posh and quiet than town. Bergisch Gladbach depends where there 

7 hours ago, Paisley87 said:

Cheers for the reply, got a place in Bergisch in Ducktera near the station which I can see is 18 mins to cologne central, is this area any good... appreciate your help

Duckterath is very close to where I grew up. Average place but good to get to main railway station as you mention…

2 hours ago, stirlish said:

Ive got 2 places booked for 4 nights and would appreciate advice.

A cheap hostel in Ehrenfeld - looks a bit out of town.

Or a better hotel in Wuppertal (is there enough there for four nights?

Definitely keep Ehrenfeld. Great neighbourhood. Cancel Wuppertal 

8 hours ago, lennytiger said:

Staying in bergisch gladbach in the refrath area does the s bahn run straight to cologne or do I have to change trams,also anyone know what this area is like tia solo foot soldier 

Refrath is a good neighbourhood. Depending on where you are based down there you can use line no 1 which will take you straight to city centre and also stadium