Interrail pass sale - ends today - Euro 2024 - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Interrail pass sale - ends today

AlfieMoon

Bit late notice, but some of you may have seen this on Twitter. 

25% off sale for interrail.eu. 

Global Promo Pass: 

10 days travel = £275

15 days travel = £335 

Would cover journey in/out from UK as well.

Some additional charges for seat reservation fees depending on the country/train. Normally 5-10euros, but the most expensive one is Eurostar €38.  

Still very good value compared to flights. 

Yours, 

Carbon Neutral TA

3 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

Global Promo Pass: 

10 days travel = £275

15 days travel = £335 

Some additional charges for seat reservation fees depending on the country/train. Normally 5-10euros, but the most expensive one is Eurostar €38.  

Yours, 

Carbon Neutral TA

Yes it is tempting but the 10 or 15 day span may not suffice for return trip should Scotland actually reach the knock-out stages.

18 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Yes it is tempting but the 10 or 15 day span may not suffice for return trip should Scotland actually reach the knock-out stages.

It’s 15 travel days though, not 15 consecutive days. 

When you combine that with the free local travel on matchdays, or add on the €49 deutschland ticket (doesn’t cover ICE), then there’s a number of days you can prob use local train services to avoid consuming one of the 15days. 

I’m sure it’ll do me fine right up to Berlin in mid-July. 😄

38 minutes ago, AlfieMoon said:

It’s 15 travel days though, not 15 consecutive days. 

When you combine that with the free local travel on matchdays, or add on the €49 deutschland ticket (doesn’t cover ICE), then there’s a number of days you can prob use local train services to avoid consuming one of the 15days. 

I’m sure it’ll do me fine right up to Berlin in mid-July. 😄

Ah right I see. A better option then. Worth looking into. Thanks. 👍

8 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Global Promo Pass: 

10 days travel = £275

15 days travel = £335 

Yours, 

Carbon Neutral TA

Need to start your travel before June 1 I believe.

5 hours ago, one t in scotland said:

Need to start your travel before June 1 I believe.

Time has passed now for the sale price, but you only need to activate the pass by 1st June. That kicks off a 2 month window for you to start consuming the 10 or 15 days. 

Edited by AlfieMoon

7 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Time has passed now for the sale price, but you only need to activate the pass by 1st June. That kicks off a 2 month window for you to start consuming the 10 or 15 days. 

Thanks, wasn't sure with the wording on the site. Looks like there's going to be a discounted Euro24 pass so I'll wait for that.

https://www.uefa.com/returntoplay/news/0282-183ccb32ffb8-3dc57a869207-1000--deutsche-bahn-unveiled-as-national-partner-for-uefa-euro/

9 hours ago, HelloJock said:

Do these let you travel from Glasgow down to London?

Yes. Travel from anywhere in the UK.

I believe the terms are that your journey is supposed to go from starting place (Glasgow) to the outbound port (say London-Eurostar terminal, or Dover, Hull, etc.).  and that journey to the continent should commence the same day. 

It doesn’t have to be a single leg journey, (I.e. you could go Inverness-Glasgow-London). 

10 hours ago, AlfieMoon said:

Yes. Travel from anywhere in the UK.

I believe the terms are that your journey is supposed to go from starting place (Glasgow) to the outbound port (say London-Eurostar terminal, or Dover, Hull, etc.).  and that journey to the continent should commence the same day. 

It doesn’t have to be a single leg journey, (I.e. you could go Inverness-Glasgow-London). 

Thank you. I did try and find this out on the website but the T and C's aren't well documented.

This is fantastic value though, I plan to return home between games so this will allow that and not cost a fortune

1 hour ago, HelloJock said:

Thank you. I did try and find this out on the website but the T and C's aren't well documented.

This is fantastic value though, I plan to return home between games so this will allow that and not cost a fortune

Careful,  it won’t quite allow what you suggest. 

There can only be one outbound,and one inbound journey, for your home country.  So it wouldn’t allow you to from/to UK on multiple occasions. 

Just now, AlfieMoon said:

Careful,  it won’t quite allow what you suggest. 

There can only be one outbound,and one inbound journey, for your home country.  So it wouldn’t allow you to from/to UK on multiple occasions. 

I was thinking of doing a charter flight for game one, and returning my son home (if I can get him a ticket) then getting the train to Germany the following day, and staying until e are eliminated, that would work would it not?

15 minutes ago, HelloJock said:

I was thinking of doing a charter flight for game one, and returning my son home (if I can get him a ticket) then getting the train to Germany the following day, and staying until e are eliminated, that would work would it not?

Yes, that would work fine.  Sorry - thought you were suggesting the possibility of going back and forward on the train a few times. 

1 hour ago, HelloJock said:

The website is pretty confusing, it asks what your destination is but not where you're starting from and tells you to click on a map too add more destinations

Hadn't got as far as looking at the website but I have downloaded the planner phone app. 

Agree - the website planner isn't the clearest. It looks like the first 'destination' you need to put in is maybe your starting point? Then you add each destination from there. I think it's only really a pricing tool to be honest if you're looking at the same thing as me. It's taking your itinerary that you input and working out what the optimal pass is for you.