Madrid on Wednesday night/Train on Thursday morning? - Spain v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Madrid on Wednesday night/Train on Thursday morning?

lyonhibs

Our flight from Zurich arrives on the Wednesday too late to head to Seville straight away so we're staying 1 night not far from Madrid Atocha rail station on the Wednesday then getting the train at 9am to Seville, getting in a noon.

Anyone else having to stay the night before in Madrid, let me know.  And/or, if you're on the 09h10 IRYO train on game day, see you there!!

The Countdown is properly on 

10 hours ago, lyonhibs said:

Our flight from Zurich arrives on the Wednesday too late to head to Seville straight away so we're staying 1 night not far from Madrid Atocha rail station on the Wednesday then getting the train at 9am to Seville, getting in a noon.

Anyone else having to stay the night before in Madrid, let me know.  And/or, if you're on the 09h10 IRYO train on game day, see you there!!

The Countdown is properly on 

I live in Madrid, I'll be on that train 09:10 ???

We are staying in madrid on the Wednesday. Some hotel called 8 rooms. It's meant to be close to the train station. We are on the 11-10 train on Thursday morning. It was earlier but has been put back 20mins. I can't  wait. I'm 62 and it's my first trip to watch Scotland  abroad. 

11 hours ago, hoofitharder said:

We are staying in madrid on the Wednesday. Some hotel called 8 rooms. It's meant to be close to the train station. We are on the 11-10 train on Thursday morning. It was earlier but has been put back 20mins. I can't  wait. I'm 62 and it's my first trip to watch Scotland  abroad. 

We're in Urbansea Hotel, about 20 minute walk from your one it looks like, the station is in the middle

Edited by lyonhibs

There on the Tuesday night and getting the Wednesday afternoon train to Seville (got a text the other day talking about rail works being carried out and there would be changes to my route, but from looks of the live table for my train, only adds 20 minutes to the journey).

Staying in Hostal Dulcinea, which looks to be roughly half way between the train station of the heart of the city.

On 10/5/2023 at 8:07 PM, robboalba said:

I could maybe organise a wee beers and tapas tour for wednesday night if your'e interested ??? would need to get the green light from the wife first tho 😏  

We're not likely to be in the city centre until about 10pm, which is obviously just as things are getting started Spanish time 😅

We’re in Madrid, currently in La Osita. Cracking little craft beer bar in the centre.

Will say we got very confused figuring out getting out of the airport as not much seemed signposted. Went for the metro to be told it doesn’t go to atocha so had to get a shuttle bus from one terminal to another to get the train into the centre

We’re in Madrid, currently in La Osita. Cracking little craft beer bar in the centre.

Will say we got very confused figuring out getting out of the airport as not much seemed signposted. Went for the metro to be told it doesn’t go to atocha so had to get a shuttle bus from one terminal to another to get the train into the centre