Anyone going to the Rugby World Cup in Lille? - France v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone going to the Rugby World Cup in Lille?

Bristolhibby

2 hours ago, Johnnyshaker said:

A few of us going, arrive on Friday and staying in the centre. Then heading up to Bruges on Sunday to watch Club Brugge.

We are doing the same in reverse. Going to Brugge vs Genk on Thursday then over to Lille for the game on Saturday.

J

12 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

We are doing the same in reverse. Going to Brugge vs Genk on Thursday then over to Lille for the game on Saturday.

J

On 9/22/2023 at 11:23 AM, Bristolhibby said:

I’m over with my boys next weekend.
Anyone else going?

Will be able to do a bit of reconnaissance prior to our game.

J

Been in Nice since last week did game at weekend! Currently in Northern Italy heading to Lille on Friday, back through Brussels Wednesday then back back out Seville Majorca Lille the week after! Nice few wee trips! 

On 9/26/2023 at 3:12 PM, macwomble said:

Been in Nice since last week did game at weekend! Currently in Northern Italy heading to Lille on Friday, back through Brussels Wednesday then back back out Seville Majorca Lille the week after! Nice few wee trips! 

Cracking city, arrived earlier today! TA won’t be disappointed IMO!! 

3 hours ago, Johnnyshaker said:

@Bristolhibby Did you enjoy Lille and the rugby?

It was great fun. Great to take the boys too. Metro to the ground is a doddle. You do need to buy tickets. 

Views in the ground were superb and loads going on before KO.

Not sure what will just be RWC related, but there were hotels next to the stadium that had their bars opened up and selling beer.

Beer at the stadium was easy, take to your seats. Again I don’t know the regulations in France. But being a friendly they have some leeway I’m sure. 

My English friend was there the week before and she said the metro back to town was a shambles, so we jumped in a taxi. Word of warning, we went directly back to the hotel across town to the F1 and it cost €70!

I’m driving there and back on the 17th so need a sharp get away back into town and my car to get to Calais and my Euro Tunnel. 

2 minutes ago, Bristolhibby said:

I’m driving there and back on the 17th so need a sharp get away back into town and my car to get to Calais and my Euro Tunnel. 

Hey, Mr Hibby, 

I am planning to drive as well, through the Euro tunnel.

Was driving in France earlier this year, and was reading that many city's have LEZ charges.

Lille being one of them.

I think you need an electronic registration, or you get a fine in the post.

I've not finalised travel deets yet,but just a we heads up for you.

See you there

31 minutes ago, stocky said:

Hey, Mr Hibby, 

I am planning to drive as well, through the Euro tunnel.

Was driving in France earlier this year, and was reading that many city's have LEZ charges.

Lille being one of them.

I think you need an electronic registration, or you get a fine in the post.

I've not finalised travel deets yet,but just a we heads up for you.

See you there

Thanks for the heads up. I had already got one, took about a week to arrive €4.50 IIRC. 
The sticker is in my car window. 

The tunnel was a breeze BTW. A little wait for U.K. border control but still got the hour earlier train. 
Theres a 0030 train then an 0230 train. Hoping I can get the 0030 but it will be tight. 
Got a kip on the train on Sunday, even with the kids jabbering in the back. 

Back into work the next day.

I figured the drive is no worse than if I was a Swindon Town fan driving to Manchester. Almost a home game for me!

J