Gamblers - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

20 minutes ago, phart said:

Have you been winning too much or something?

Would think that would be the case

Although they do restrict you of you are losing too much and wont provide them with details of being able to afford high losses

That was something that was brought in recently and they could roll that out to everyone if Parliament agrees to it

Betfred actually closed my account without telling me, I tried to sign in one day and it would not accept my password.

Anyway on talking to someone in chat I was told I had not sent any up to date documents.

When I told them I had not been asked to do this, I was then told the decision had been made and it was final. ( Shocking way to treat customers).

I normally use Hills or Ladbrokes as you get a price boost sometimes and also best odds on horse racing.

I have done quite well recently but took many years of loss to get to this point. Denise Coates paid herself 300 million last year. I doubt me getting a couple of decent price winners is causing them many sleepless nights. At the end of the day I pick my own winners and losers from publicly accessible information with no inside knowledge.  It's a piss take to restrict the betting of someone playing within the rules.

10 minutes ago, shunkyboy and the fluffer said:

I have done quite well recently but took many years of loss to get to this point. Denise Coates paid herself 300 million last year. I doubt me getting a couple of decent price winners is causing them many sleepless nights. At the end of the day I pick my own winners and losers from publicly accessible information with no inside knowledge.  It's a piss take to restrict the betting of someone playing within the rules.

Oh I agree was just wondering what their reasoning was.

There was a known problem with Betfred and it was to do with your web browser

It was all to do with needing to clear your cache/cookies etc - but it was the exact same issue Robbo had

It kept saying the password was wrong

To get back in i switched from Firefox to Chrome and it worked

Then when i closed down Firefox completely and started a new session it accepted the password

Were you making unusually big bets Shunky ?

3 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

There was a known problem with Betfred and it was to do with your web browser

It was all to do with needing to clear your cache/cookies etc - but it was the exact same issue Robbo had

It kept saying the password was wrong

To get back in i switched from Firefox to Chrome and it worked

Then when i closed down Firefox completely and started a new session it accepted the password

Were you making unusually big bets Shunky ?

No. Was bet365. I normally bet 40 quid a race on the itv races on a Saturday.  Hardly bet outwith this. I am quite savvy and bet two days before to get the best value.  I think bet365 have nobled me through constantly beating the SP. No idea why P.P have as I have barely had a winner with them