Scotland v Sweden Italia 90 - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Sweden Italia 90

Ally Bongo

I'm 40 and have never seen Scotland win a game at a major championship.  Spain 82 was too early and the CIS and Swiss games weren't shown down south because West Germany v Holland and England v Holland were on at the same time.  

I always thought the Sweden game wasn't shown live down south as I was absolutely transfixed by Italia 90.  Anyone know if it was on down south or if my old man just told me it wasn't because he was still sulking about Costa Rica?  

On 5/29/2020 at 9:01 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Was at the game - the best game/atmosphere of my adult life.

Didn't think it was a penalty then, and having just watched it after 30 years it was never, ever a penalty.

Leaving that aside, what a performance. Maurice Malpas was one great reader of a game. Thought Robert Flack (!) ran his guts out and did a power of dirty work. And Mo Johnston could fair hold a ball up well.

The Italia 90 Scotland top to this day is the one to beat.

100% agree. Behind the goal when McCall slid in for that a goal was just incredible. Ive been in far larger supports at some big games but nothing has ever come close to that