24 Hours in Lille - Belgium v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

24 Hours in Lille

Rich NATA

I'm going to stop in Lille for a token 1 night and 1 day on the way back (before catching the Eurostar).

Lille looks a nice city; any of you ever been?

If so, where should I head to on a summer Sunday evening/night and Monday daytime?

For convenience, I'm considering a hotel around the station; anyone know if it's a dodgy area at night?

Lille is a lovely place (been 3 times). Around the station is a great location and very close to the centre.

Nightlife is best just off Place de Strasbourg (there was a couple of '...erm...Scottish...bars!!??' down there!). But there are places dotted around - it certainly isn't a party city.

One of the best places to visit, is the very quirky Musee La Piscine. But it is a good place to just wander around - quite an affluent place. There are lots of little galleries and museums - it depends on what floats yer boat. I like modern art, but their main gallery is a baw-ache to get to, and it wasn't that great.