Maybe its our fault? - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Maybe its our fault?

deso1

Tonight on Off The Ball Stuart Cosgrove said that the Tartan Army is now just a drinking and travel club for middle aged men.  The actual football fans don't go anymore.....im afraid he is correct 

2 minutes ago, Thomo said:

Tonight on Off The Ball Stuart Cosgrove said that the Tartan Army is now just a drinking and travel club for middle aged men.  The actual football fans don't go anymore.....im afraid he is correct 

He is 100% correct, having been to a number of away games in recent years when the results were poor it saddened me to see how many fans were quite happy to accept crap performances and results as long as they had a good time. Depressing.

10 hours ago, Malcolm said:

If we qualified for every tournament, would you be happy?  I bet you wouldn't, because once we got there and didn't get out the group you would see that as failure.   I was lucky enough to witness scotland play at major tournaments where we derided the team for just that.  Football fans are never content.  The reality is that we are a wee diddy nation with very average players now.  Our professional league is a joke on the scale in international terms.  When we (and I believe that we will soon) qualify for a major tournament it should be seen as a major achievement, as big as anything the international team had done.  That's how far away we are from the glory days.

absolute fecking horse shit