Gutted for Gauld - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Gutted for Gauld

andyD

50 minutes ago, Kirk said:

The thing is though if Celtic were in the Premiership, they would obvioulsy make more money and be able to spend and attract decent names because of who they are, after a year or two they would probably be one of the top sides down there. With the current squad they could probably manage mid table reasonably comfortably.

That's the point I'm making...   the only way forward in my view is a British league, and access to that money.  Otherwise we will continue to be a backwater.   I suspect others will not agree on the basis that the perception would be that this would threaten the existence of the national team, however there is a precedent with Swansea and Cardiff.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

35 minutes ago, Malcolm said:

That's the point I'm making...   the only way forward in my view is a British league, and access to that money.  Otherwise we will continue to be a backwater.   I suspect others will not agree on the basis that the perception would be that this would threaten the existence of the national team, however there is a precedent with Swansea and Cardiff.

Yeah it would probably benefit the other Scottish teams too, as now they get pennys basically. Celtics performances in Europe have been decent considering the money they get from the national league. They have also done very well to buy players on the cheap who have earned them millions, Wanyama etc, But that can only take you so far in the champions league etc