My Emotions - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

I am not going to jack it. If anything this has awoken my resolve.

I am planning to join a local community group and get active. Not in a political sense - just something in the community, whether it is foodbanks or tending old folks gardens or what I don't know yet. I just know somehow that getting engaged with my surrounding people is what needs to happen next.

I am going to have to change my whole morning routine because I just can't look at newspapers or give a shit about anything they have to say. I feel hollow.

Agreed. Parts of my life will change.

Someone said hes lost friends & they dont even know it. I get that but passing acquantancies as well.

However, we regroup and try again.

Yesterday someone admitted to voting No but waking up feeling disappointed it wasn't a Yes. I felt sympathetic towards them but over the course of the day 5 others said exactly the same. I was annoyed that either they're already ashamed of their choice or, worse, wanted a Yes but hadn't the bollocks to put their cross to it.

I was livid seeing the pictures from George Square and that isn't the Scotland I want to live in.

I still feel a deep rage in me today as I am still convinced with even the slightest help of the media it would have been but want to channel it in to something rather than just stewing. I might sign up for the SNP but if something like 'Yes' carried on and was involved in all sorts of charity activities to keep up the profile I'd prefer that.

Edited by ThistleWhistle

I would rather join a yes movement. As I've said before I wasn't that interested in politics before the referendum but I took time to do my research and have found it interesting.

I can't help but think had I done it sooner I may have been able to do more. I won't let that happen again I just hope it's not too late.

I have felt empty since the result and realise how much it meant to me.

Feel worse today. Getting into arguments with No voters on facebook isn't helping.

Look at it this way - we lost , fine... They won.... They have to win EVERY TIME. The desire hasn't left us. The will for a few perhaps, but only temporarily. We only have to win once. Just once.

My emotions are pretty steady expected defeat but hoped for a miracle.

The fight goes on in the last few years people have started to realise that things can be changed.

45% solid support for anything is a good enough place to start.

The ball has started rolling now and is not going to stop.

Independence is not a DIRTY word anymore.