Problem buying Tickets? - Italy v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Problem buying Tickets?

loons

Have tried yesterday and today to buy a ticket for the Italy game (I am on 2 points) 

When I am on the page to buy tickets it comes up with red writing saying you must have bought your 2016/2017 membership (which I have sitting in front of me) but I reckon this is a standard message to everyone

However when I put in my card details it comes up with failed to authenticate? And with it being a bank holiday I can't get in touch with the SSC. 

Anyone had this error in the past? 

Thank you!

2 hours ago, loons said:

Have tried yesterday and today to buy a ticket for the Italy game (I am on 2 points) 

When I am on the page to buy tickets it comes up with red writing saying you must have bought your 2016/2017 membership (which I have sitting in front of me) but I reckon this is a standard message to everyone

However when I put in my card details it comes up with failed to authenticate? And with it being a bank holiday I can't get in touch with the SSC. 

Anyone had this error in the past? 

Thank you!

That came up with me just ignored it maybe you have had a point deleted and are only on one now try again today at noon best of luck

4 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

If its a TSB card you need to select VISA instead if Visa/Debit. 

It is a TSB card, just tried but it comes up with 

• "The card type of the card entered does not match the card type selected."

Just now, scottincarlisle said:

This happened when we booked our Prague tickets but we just changed it to Visa & it went through.

Really weird, I have never had this problem before and have booked many times. Will phone them tomorrow. Lucky this isn't a big game otherwise I would have missed out!

3 minutes ago, scottincarlisle said:

The SSC said it was a fault on the card provider side & not the system. 

Will go give them a phone and see what the story is, what a joke!

I had the same problem on Saturday when trying to get my France ticket, i ended up manually inputting my Mastercard details as it would not validate with my saved Visa Debit card (TSB incidentally), tried numerous times. I could have potentially missed out due to this as there were not many tickets left on Saturday for 5 pointers, fortunately i secured one. Have you got another card that you could use? Failing that a quick phone call tomorrow should sort you out.

3 hours ago, Grantyboy1983 said:

I had the same problem on Saturday when trying to get my France ticket, i ended up manually inputting my Mastercard details as it would not validate with my saved Visa Debit card (TSB incidentally), tried numerous times. I could have potentially missed out due to this as there were not many tickets left on Saturday for 5 pointers, fortunately i secured one. Have you got another card that you could use? Failing that a quick phone call tomorrow should sort you out.

No I don't so I will need to phone tomorrow! Yeah I am lucky its not a high demand game otherwise I would have missed out! Not good enough at all!

On 02/05/2016 at 0:41 PM, loons said:

It is a TSB card, just tried but it comes up with 

• "The card type of the card entered does not match the card type selected."

That happened to me a few years back with my RBS card. I had been using it for years. I just have to enter visa now rather than visa debit  and never had a problem