Any M8 Roadworks? - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any M8 Roadworks?

dohadeer

I travelled from Edinburgh to Glasgow on the bus for the Davis Cup on Saturday 19 September and it took two and a half hours instead of an hour and a bit. The bus barely moved for about an hour due to the motorway being down to one lane for a while because of roadworks.

Does anyone know if there are roadworks going on just now because if the bus took that long on a quiet day I don't fancy making it in time for the game if we're planning leaving Edinburgh after one of us finishes work at 5 o clock on Thursday.

Thanks

I travelled from Edinburgh to Glasgow on the bus for the Davis Cup on Saturday 19 September and it took two and a half hours instead of an hour and a bit. The bus barely moved for about an hour due to the motorway being down to one lane for a while because of roadworks.

Does anyone know if there are roadworks going on just now because if the bus took that long on a quiet day I don't fancy making it in time for the game if we're planning leaving Edinburgh after one of us finishes work at 5 o clock on Thursday.

Thanks

There won't be any lane closures midweek at rush hour, but the traffic will be busy regardless.

I travel from J4 to Baillieston every night and it can take anywhere from 25m to 1hr depending on the traffic. When Rangers or Celtic are playing then it tends to be more towards the hour mark, so you can assume it'll be the same when Scotland are playing.

It'll probably be slow getting up onto the M73 so you're maybe better going through Baillieston and joining the M74 at the bottom of London Road and avoiding all the average speed cameras.

If you leave edinburgh at 5pm you should make the game no bother. Unless there is an accident of course!