Lewandowski ....5 In 9 Minutes ! - Page 8 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Lewandowski ....5 In 9 Minutes !

DubsDave

Maybe it was a genuine mistake .....but in gods name ....ill never know how BOTH linesman (especially considering the linesman positioning at the time of the incident) and referee came to the conclusion that Italy should be awarded a free-kick and that rightly looks suspect especially considering FIFAs cheqeured history

If it had been a penalty decision you may have had yourself a conspiracy theory - although I'd still have disagreed - but not a free kick out on the wing. That just doesn't add up in any way, especially if you look at the game as a whole, if I remember rightly Scotland had a borderline offside goal allowed and Italy had the ball in the net only for it to be wrongly ruled out for offside. If the officials were meant to be helping Italy to win, I don't think giving two crucial, marginal offside decisions in Scotland's favour and then wrongly awarding Italy a free kick on the wing would be the way to go about it. Do you? The whole theory is totally flawed.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it had been a penalty decision you may have had yourself a conspiracy theory - although I'd still have disagreed - but not a free kick out on the wing. That just doesn't add up in any way, especially if you look at the game as a whole, if I remember rightly Scotland had a borderline offside goal allowed and Italy had the ball in the net only for it to be wrongly ruled out for offside. If the officials were meant to be helping Italy to win, I don't think giving two crucial, marginal offside decisions in Scotland's favour and then wrongly awarding Italy a free kick on the wing would be the way to go about it. Do you? The whole theory is totally flawed.

That's what they want you to think :ph34r:

Unfortunately I cant comment on the game as whole ....cos i didnt see it....i was too busy in the millenium stadium in cardiff watching us being sh*te against Wales at the time

Like i said - that decision looks suspect - no matter what else happened in the game - as i said it could be a genuine error

But I am willing to listen to any reasoning as to why both the linesman and ref thought that was free kick to italy?