Scottish Airshow - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Airshow

I heard a fairly loud roar this afternoon and went out to the garden just in time to see the Vulcan flying over the house, heading roughly south south east. Not flying terribly fast by the look of it but still an impressive sight at fairly low altitude. Heading to Robin Hood airport after a problem with its nosewheel apparently.

I heard a fairly loud roar this afternoon and went out to the garden just in time to see the Vulcan flying over the house, heading roughly south south east. Not flying terribly fast by the look of it but still an impressive sight at fairly low altitude. Heading to Robin Hood airport after a problem with its nosewheel apparently.

Well jealous! Had to leave the show early yesterday so missed it taking off for the last time here :(

I think Robin Hood is its home base, would it not have been going there anyway?...

Well jealous! Had to leave the show early yesterday so missed it taking off for the last time here :(

I think Robin Hood is its home base, would it not have been going there anyway?...

Yes, it was. Apparenly the nosewheel was to be looked at there to find out why it jammed. I don't know if it's going to be moved anywhere else after that and if so if it will be flown there.