Bus From Quarteria - Gibraltar v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Bus From Quarteria

Famousfor15minutes

There are 13 at the moment, possibly 15 of us staying in the Vale Do Lobo resort which is the next place up the coast on the way to Faro.

At this moment in time we have not arranged our match day transfers.

Could you see it being an option dropping in and picking us up ?

There are 13 at the moment, possibly 15 of us staying in the Vale Do Lobo resort which is the next place up the coast on the way to Faro.

At this moment in time we have not arranged our match day transfers.

Could you see it being an option dropping in and picking us up ?

I don't know the area too well but I will ask the coach company for options. He is concentrating on the Ireland game just now so it might be after that before he gets back to me

I have had confirmation of pick up point and price details from the coach operator. We will require 2 or 3 eight seater buses ( i'll know exactly once you have all confirmed). they will pick up from the Atismar Hotel, DR. Francisco SA, Quatrteira ( which is on the next street up from the beach) at 6pm local time. The price for this is 10 euros per head.

Please PM me to confirm your seat and we can discuss payment methods.

ColinG - If you still require seats,let me know, but you will probably have to make it to the pick up point, which isn;t really that far from your hotel as the coach operator wants to do a direct rum to and from the stadium

Ive been to Quarteria twice

First time was in 1986 - 6 of us went on a lads holiday for 2 weeks

It was utter shite - absolutely bugger all to do and there were about 3 pubs

Second time was in 1993 for the infamous Portugal 5-0 drubbing

Went with Ian Sharp's Euroscot tours and our stay was to be in the Algarve (destination unknown - we all thought it would be Albufeira or at worse Villamoura

To my horror we were again landed in Quarteria and all had changed in 7 years apart from the 3 pubs had been replaced by 3 others (possibly an exaggeration but it was that bad not helped by being out of season)

Still have nightmares about ever landing up there again

Ive been to Quarteria twice

First time was in 1986 - 6 of us went on a lads holiday for 2 weeks

It was utter shite - absolutely bugger all to do and there were about 3 pubs

Second time was in 1993 for the infamous Portugal 5-0 drubbing

Went with Ian Sharp's Euroscot tours and our stay was to be in the Algarve (destination unknown - we all thought it would be Albufeira or at worse Villamoura

To my horror we were again landed in Quarteria and all had changed in 7 years apart from the 3 pubs had been replaced by 3 others (possibly an exaggeration but it was that bad not helped by being out of season)

Still have nightmares about ever landing up there again

Thanks for the heads up. Me and the Mrs are all inclusive ans except for the game are only going for a pool break so should be ok as long as it's sunny

Thanks for the heads up. Me and the Mrs are all inclusive ans except for the game are only going for a pool break so should be ok as long as it's sunny

lol im sure it much different now - its had over 20 years

• 2 weeks later...

Just back today from 10 days recce mission at the Dom Jose in Quateira and all I can stay about the previous posts is that it must have changed lot in the 22years since the guy that said it was shite was there. Bars, restaurants and wee cafés everywhere. I stayed in Dom Jose; great hotel wi' brilliant facilities right on the beach. Back there for 2 nights on 10th Oct.

As for buses to the game, see the post http://tartanarmyboa...?showtopic=6094on the next page of posts where 'Famous for 15 minutes' is organising buses/ mini-buses from the Hotel Atismar about 5 min walk at the back of the Dom Jose. Better to Pm him to see if any seats left.

Just back today from 10 days recce mission at the Dom Jose in Quateira and all I can stay about the previous posts is that it must have changed lot in the 22years since the guy that said it was shite was there. Bars, restaurants and wee cafés everywhere. I stayed in Dom Jose; great hotel wi' brilliant facilities right on the beach. Back there for 2 nights on 10th Oct.

As for buses to the game, see the post http://tartanarmyboa...?showtopic=6094on the next page of posts where 'Famous for 15 minutes' is organising buses/ mini-buses from the Hotel Atismar about 5 min walk at the back of the Dom Jose. Better to Pm him to see if any seats left.