Istanbul - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Istanbul

dan cake

I spent a few days in Istanbul on the way back from Serbia a few years ago and went to see Fenerbahce and really enjoyed it. I'd recommend it above Galatasary where the stadium is at the end of the metro line, near a motorway with nothing around.

You can't actually buy tickets from the box office, the only way you can buy tickets is online through an agency called Biletix but it's pretty easy and they sell them at face value plus a small booking fee. Once you place the order you just need to note the confirmation and they have a number of outlets around the city where you can pick up. The one I used was at Kadakoy, as you come off the ferry on the row of shops, up to the left I think, there is a big bookshop and the ticket agency is right through the back. Failing that, as long as you've booked online you can pick up at the ground but the queue is bigger.

The ground is about a 20-30 minute walk from Kadakoy, up and over the hill. I can't remember if you can get a beer at the ground, I think you could but couldn't be sure. That said, in Kadakoy as you head up to the ground there are loads of great restaurants and bars so if recommend going over a few hours before the match and spending some time there.

A great experience as you get to go on a ferry to a match that is Asia.

Edited by aaid

We arrive in Istanbul early Saturday morning so planning on going. Istanbul Basaksehir are also at home to Bursaspor that weekend, they got knocked out of the Europa League last night so hoping they will play on Saturday so we can get to both games.

Fenerbahce averaged about 22,000 last season so tickets shouldn't be difficult to get a hold of.