Peston Confirms Pm Met With Banks / Supermarkets - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Peston Confirms Pm Met With Banks / Supermarkets

Apologies if this is posted elsewhere - but I think its relevant.

RBS, Tesco, Lloyds, John Lewis, Asda all make statements on the same day.

Exactly one week before the vote.

Coincidence ?
Robert Peston says not.....

"I have learned that PM met supermarket bosses at No.10 this afternoon & urged them to go public on how prices would rise in indie Scotland... & why five banks disclosed plans to move to England if Scots vote for independence"

https://twitter.com/Peston

So costs are higher eh ?.

Wonder how Aldi and Lidl compete from Germany and even manage to undercut Asda with better brands.Tesco have complained they said no such thing. Waitrose asserts some products may be cheaper

When you tell lies make sure its at least a lie that's difficult to spot.I must have imagined Lidl and Aldi are battering the major UK supermarkets who are all losing market share.They will be begging to operate in Scotland come next Friday.Looking forward to the first Lidl/Aldi superstore in Edinburgh, as apparently Asda at Chesser has just lost around 60% of its custom. :-))

Wonder how Aldi and Lidl compete from Germany and even manage to undercut Asda with better brands.Tesco have complained they said no such thing. Waitrose asserts some products may be cheaper

When you tell lies make sure its at least a lie that's difficult to spot.I must have imagined Lidl and Aldi are battering the major UK supermarkets who are all losing market share.They will be begging to operate in Scotland come next Friday.Looking forward to the first Lidl/Aldi superstore in Edinburgh, as apparently Asda at Chesser has just lost around 60% of its custom. :-))

Kind of shows how utterly gutless Cameron is, sly meetings behind closed doors, promise of a knighthood perhaps but not got the backbone to have a proper debate, utterly contemptible.