Belfast Thursday Night - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Belfast Thursday Night

• 2 weeks later...

8 of us flying in to Belfast on the 15:45 from Edinburgh on the Thursday. We'll be up for a meet up and a bevvy if you lads are keen! Not been to Belfast before but if you've any suggestions on where would be good for Scotland fans to have a drink?

Edited by Alex_Mc

Cathedral Quarter is good, lots of good bars but maybe not overly suited to Scotland fans but plenty of choice. The normal places of Robinsons and the Crown on great Victoria Street would be good. Also head down the Dublin Road towards Shaftsbury Square, Filthy Mcnastys is good then just off Shaftsbury square you have Laverys, huge big place with a pool hall and bar on the top floor and bar/club beaneath.

Robinsons and The Crown are two fabulous establishments, Bossman. Went in there en route home from Dublin last time out.

Two things that struck me:

1. Given the name, found it funny The Crown appears to be the haunt of local Celtic fans!

2. Robinson's was one of Alex Higgins' favourite watering holes.

Wouldn't mind a return visit to BT1, one day. Great place.

Cathedral Quarter is good, lots of good bars but maybe not overly suited to Scotland fans but plenty of choice. The normal places of Robinsons and the Crown on great Victoria Street would be good. Also head down the Dublin Road towards Shaftsbury Square, Filthy Mcnastys is good then just off Shaftsbury square you have Laverys, huge big place with a pool hall and bar on the top floor and bar/club beaneath.

Sounds good to me, looking forward to Thursday that little bit more now!

6 of us leaving Glasgow Friday on flybe, into Belfast about 6:20pm then straight on it. Leave some beer for us :cheers3:

On the 10:35 train to Dublin Saturday morning.

Will try, we're unfortunately on the 8am to Dublin, Friday morning.

Aye up for a meet on Thurs. Also meeting one of the girls i used to work with who is from Belfast so hopefully she will have some good pubs in mind. If you want to add us on fb give me a PM and its a bit easier for finding folk, alternativley someone pick a pub and a time and we will see you there.