Russian Visa - Page 2 - Georgia v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Russian Visa

If you have a Kosovo stamp and enter into Serbia they will stamp over it with a Serbian one.

They won't deny you entry based purely on that.

I've also recently learned that Azerbaijanian Visas are flipping expensive.

How long are you in Azerbaijan?? There's a flight outbound from Heathrow with a 2hours 25minutes stopover, how do you prove your not going to leave the Airport other than a boarding pass if you don't have a Visa?? Edited by DoonTheSlope

How long are you in Azerbaijan?? There's a flight outbound from Heathrow with a 2hours 25minutes stopover, how do you prove your not going to leave the Airport other than a boarding pass if you don't have a Visa??

Almost 2 whole days. I'm flying to Baku straight after the game, then getting the late Sunday flight to LHR.

Almost 2 whole days. I'm flying to Baku straight after the game, then getting the late Sunday flight to LHR.

I just received an email replying to my querie from the Azerbaijani consulate/embassy saying that you can go 72 hours without a visa as long as you don't leave the airport territory.

My concern is though how will they know I am not going to leave the airport etc without any paperwork other than a boarding pass??

I just received an email replying to my querie from the Azerbaijani consulate/embassy saying that you can go 72 hours without a visa as long as you don't leave the airport territory.

My concern is though how will they know I am not going to leave the airport etc without any paperwork other than a boarding pass??

Airport territory is basically the departures and arrivals lounges and halls..... You will not get past passport control without a visa.

You will need a visa (might get away with a transfer visa, but my understanding is Azerbaijan only has one type of visa for all types of entry, and as Deecie says, it's VERY expensive) to get out of the airport itself.

Airport territory is basically the departures and arrivals lounges and halls..... You will not get past passport control without a visa.

You will need a visa (might get away with a transfer visa, but my understanding is Azerbaijan only has one type of visa for all types of entry, and as Deecie says, it's VERY expensive) to get out of the airport itself.

Thanks again. I'm looking at many different routes just now, maybe a couple off nights in Riga beforehand

I'm starting to think DoonTheSlope is copying my route... Already replied on the Kiev thread, and now there's a Moscow one too!

We're also going to Moscow beforehand, then on to Yerevan before heading to Tbilisi. The visa process is a pain in the arse - they now do biometric scanning so you actually have to go to the embassy to get fingerprinted etc. before they'll issue the visa. I'm going to need to head to London to do mine as I live down south; but the Edinburgh office does it as well. Need the letter of invitation first though, which I've asked my hotel for. Overall, though, it doesn't seem to take too long - it's just the hoops you need to jump through that are annoying!

On a positive note, looks like a number of nations are starting to move towards doing away with visa's.

Belarus have hinted that they could be doing away with them by the end of the year, and apparently Kazakhstan have started the early stages of doing away with them.

So that could make life easier depending on the WC draw.

I'm starting to think DoonTheSlope is copying my route... Already replied on the Kiev thread, and now there's a Moscow one too!

We're also going to Moscow beforehand, then on to Yerevan before heading to Tbilisi. The visa process is a pain in the arse - they now do biometric scanning so you actually have to go to the embassy to get fingerprinted etc. before they'll issue the visa. I'm going to need to head to London to do mine as I live down south; but the Edinburgh office does it as well. Need the letter of invitation first though, which I've asked my hotel for. Overall, though, it doesn't seem to take too long - it's just the hoops you need to jump through that are annoying!

I'd love to flatter you and say I was stalking you but decided against Moscow and Baku. Decided for a couple of nights in Copenhagen, maybe even jump the bus over to Malmo then onto Istanbul for a connection to Tbilisi.

The whole visa process seems a right pain in the arse as you say and for a couple of nights max in Moscow or Baku it's more trouble than it's worth, not too mention the cost!!

Considering the size off Moscow and getting from AtoB in a day without rushing thingsit would be a shame to rush it. Sadly it'll be on the back burner till sometime in the future I'm afraid

• 3 months later...

If you have a Kosovo stamp and enter into Serbia they will stamp over it with a Serbian one.

They won't deny you entry based purely on that.

I've also recently learned that Azerbaijanian Visas are expensive.

Not true I have been to Kosovo and had no issues getting in Serbia. Neither have I had issues with Azerbaijan with a set of Armenian passport stamps. Likewise no bother at the Armenia border with an Azerbaijani visa.

For the record I have contacts with the Russia visa application centre in Edinburgh.