Dublin-Belfast Irish Rail One Way Tickets Now On Sale - Republic of Ireland v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Dublin-Belfast Irish Rail One Way Tickets Now On Sale

Just make sure you hide the beer in bags as they will take it off you before you get on the train. There can be very strict in the stations over here. I've seen folk getting drink taken off them even though they had no intention of drinking it on the train.

yes u can drink on trains, alcohol sold from 8 am at royal ave Tesco metro, less than mile from central station, last time I bought a suit case full sold it to the lads half the price the train were charging after the train ran out 15 mins into the journey

Tescos is about a 20 min walk to Central Station, there is nothing really near the station unfortunatley.

As for drink laws, it's a bit funny as it's a cross border service. As I mention above you may get stopped in Belfast from taking a carry out if you turn up with a big crate of beer but once on then you will be ok as it's operated by Irish Rail.

• 4 weeks later...

I don't think tickets for the Belfast to Dublin trip are available yet.

The Dublin to Belfast ones can be purchased on-line from Irish rail

No real cost savings by purchasing return v 2 x single tickets