Archie Gemmill - Belated Happy Birthday - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Archie Gemmill - Belated Happy Birthday

the Sunnylaw Jag

Archie Gemmill turned 68 yesterday, so all the best to Archie. However, it got me thinking that Archie is known as the scorer of that goal but looking at his stats he scored another 7 for Scotland. It's funny but off the top of my head I can't think of any of the other goals. So as a bit of fun and without researching them. Can you name any of the others and even better can you describe them?

I only started watching Scotland in 76 and was only 8 but I seem to remember that he was our penalty taker before John Robertson. I could be wrong and just saw him taking a penalty like Robertson v England and assumed he took them all.

Scored the first Scotland goal I ever witnessed. A penalty v Bulgaria in Feb 78. I was gutted because King Kenny had found the net, but the ref had blown for the pen and called the play back.

He then scored a late penalty winner v Norway in the first home game after Argentina.