Leftover Tv Advert Food - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Leftover Tv Advert Food

Tried googling it but even the internet doesn't know.

Every other advert's for Sainsburys or Aldi or Tesco or whatever and shows an enormous spread of all sorts of perishables on dinner and picnic tables. What happens to it when filming's done? Sure it doesn't get chucked out? Do the staff get to eat it or better still is it handed out to hard up families or homeless people? Anybody know because it's bugging the hell out of me?

Edited by redstevie007

Totally agree with you trouble is the the artists know that the food as it is does not look as good on camera until they do things to it such as using varnish to get a nice shine etc

Aye, they're right - my Bacon Double Cheeseburger or McMuffin never gets handed to me looking like one in the poster :lol:

Maybe time for a Trevor MacDonald style exposé to shame the companies into finding a better way to present their food and therefore be able to then give it to people who need it.

Absolutely shocking waste. I wonder just how much food goes to waste from photo shoots, tv adverts, even TV show kitchen or dining room scenes.

My cousin does this for a living - along with other cookery stuff for TV. As has been said, they use stuff like varnish and paint to get a gloss. I think chickens and turkeys at Christmas are basically raw with food colour and a bit of blow torching. They use soap bubbles for the heads on pints and make stuff that would normally melt, like ice cream and cakes with non edible ingredients. So nothing that could be used or given away afterwards.

Considering the amount used in TV advertising, it's probably surpassed in wastage by an average 24 hour supermarket in a couple of nights!

TT