Modern Politicians - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Modern Politicians

Not necessarily to pick on Labour (again), but Ian Murray MP in this clip gives an absolute masterclass in how to avoid answering questions, simply towing the party line, repeating the same mantra.

It seems to be the way now, some think tank has obviously told politicians going on TV "it doesn't matter what questions you get asked, just repeat this phrase ad nauseum, and enough people will believe it".

Horrible, sneering manner. Full of lies as well.

The Tories are just as bad - every politician I've seen in an interview recently, no matter what the question is, will weasel in the phrase "it's part of our long term economic plan"

Party politics does my heed in!

Not necessarily to pick on Labour (again), but Ian Murray MP in this clip gives an absolute masterclass in how to avoid answering questions, simply towing the party line, repeating the same mantra.

It seems to be the way now, some think tank has obviously told politicians going on TV "it doesn't matter what questions you get asked, just repeat this phrase ad nauseum, and enough people will believe it".

http://youtu.be/_kWHawh7r7M

Horrible, sneering manner. Full of lies as well.

The Tories are just as bad - every politician I've seen in an interview recently, no matter what the question is, will weasel in the phrase "it's part of our long term economic plan"

Party politics does my heed in!