Any Members Of The Greens Out There - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Any Members Of The Greens Out There

Presuming that the Greens support for Scottish independence must be a UK wide party pledge.Can any Green party members out there confirm this.?

If this is surely the case and the Greens win their projected seats you would expect them to support the SNP on most matters including Trident.Thereby adding another headache for any UK government.As the Greens held the voting balance of power a few years ago in Scotland and were able to exert more power in the negotiation stakes than their electoral mandate would normally allow,then we may actually see not just a coalition of SNP/Labour on issues but a triumvirate.Added to that the SNP and the Greens are pretty close on political ideology.

Should throw another interesting spanner in the mix !!

P.S. Clyde if your out there.....stats required

Edited by Wine bibber

Their leader also spoke yesterday about forming an alliance at Westminster with the SNP & PC, possibly propping up a Labour Govt - holding them to account from the left.

I live in the West Midlands and will be voting Green. Mainly due to lack of viable alternatives down here.

Although, saying that, under FPTP bit pointless voting for anyone here, I think Labour will run away with my constituency