U S Troops In Ukraine - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was talking about this yesterday to my wife. The scary thing is I took out a global map and asked her to roughly point out Ukraine on it. She couldn't even get the correct continent. What makes it even more frightening is that she isn't a stupid woman by any means. But people here are so charged up without having a clue about the basic goings on about any country they want to batter into! :worried:

I was talking about this yesterday to my wife. The scary thing is I took out a global map and asked her to roughly point out Ukraine on it. She couldn't even get the correct continent. What makes it even more frightening is that she isn't a stupid woman by any means. But people here are so charged up without having a clue about the basic goings on about any country they want to batter into! :worried:

it's not a case of being stupid it's a case of education. Although stupid does mean slow to learn, so if she is in her 20's 30's and still doesn't know where Ukraine is maybe that is stupid, who knows. Must be plenty of places i dont have a clue where they are, although maybe not too many countries that size.

Anyway on topic, yes another proxy war with the Russians , you'd think Zbigniew Brzezinski and other folk were back in charge of policy making.

it's not a case of being stupid it's a case of education. Although stupid does mean slow to learn, so if she is in her 20's 30's and still doesn't know where Ukraine is maybe that is stupid, who knows. Must be plenty of places i dont have a clue where they are, although maybe not too many countries that size.

Anyway on topic, yes another proxy war with the Russians , you'd think Zbigniew Brzezinski and other folk were back in charge of policy making.

She's 42. Aye, she's stupid. :lol:

There's camps in american foreign policy, those with zionist political idealogy who when they get in power, go about trying to sort out the middle east. George bush senior used to call them the crazies and they had control of dealing with central and southern America after Kennedy was assisinated and Johnson got in. Now with Bush jr they got control of the whitehouse and did to ther middle east what they did to south america years ago. Cheney has been kicking around foreign policy matters for decades.

Zbigniew Brzezinski and his ilk are of a different sort. They follow an intellectual movement which opposes "détente" another word for international relations of a certain type. ZB is a realist in the sense of international relations, it's hard to get a handle on all the factions.

Especially when you consider Robert Kagan was instrumental in spreading the lies about WMD's and drumming up support for the war is married to Victoria Nuland the person from the state department that seemed instrumental in organising the violet coup in Ukraine.

a married couple with the power to be at the forefront of last decades stupidiest foreign policy move, and also at the forefront for this decades winner. Someone must be winning in all this, as it aint the people in ukraine.

After it being revealed that 60 UK troops are in Ukraine "training" their army, a report yesterday says 600 American paratroopers are now being sent to the Ukraine.

This is madness.

Got a link? I am hoping this is not happening. I honestly am finding this is well...terrifying. Who are the terrorists again.

(Watching how 'easy' this is to get away with in 2015 and how eager my fellow citizens are to 'take Putin & Russia down a peg" does it make you wonder if you can trust the text book history of previous wars. Right now it is wall to wall lies. Has it been any different or are we just seeing it more.)

Troops to be relocated from Italy to Lviv, so just like the British Troops, will be nowhere near the front line.

Only a Russian news site and Fox News reporting it so far as happening while everywhere else is reporting that the White House has yet to sign off on it.

Yeah they're there to train not fight, like with the Sandinista's , the mujhadeen, Iranian revoltionary guard, ISIS, free Syrian Army, Pinochets chilean army.

to be honest i can't see anything going wrong.

Only a Russian news site and Fox News reporting it so far as happening while everywhere else is reporting that the White House has yet to sign off on it.

dude this was said by a general in Kiev back in January , just cause the man on the telly hasn't said it doesn't mean it hasn't happened. MSM is the slowest least accurate news about, beyond the stupid gossip sites these days

"American soldiers will deploy to Ukraine this spring to begin training four companies of the Ukrainian National Guard, the head of US Army Europe Lt. Gen Ben Hodges said during his first visit to Kiev on Wednesday.

The number of troops heading to the Yavoriv Training Area near the city of L'viv — which is about 40 miles from the Polish border — is still being determined, however."

http://www.defensenews.com/story/defense/land/army/2015/01/21/ukraine-us-army-russia/22119315/

they're also giving Ukraine prototype kit to check in war situations for them, such a good ally the yanks, fight our enemies with our stuff and we'll watch and see how it goes. How do you say "Guinea pig" in Ukrainian?

http://ukraine.usembassy.gov/statements/kozak-01202015.html

Edited by phart

And then we have this utter loonball...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-31773941

The Lithuanian president has told the BBC's Katya Adler that her country is "already under attack" and that conscription is being reintroduced in Lithuania as a response to threats in the region.

Dalia Grybauskaite said that the country needed to be able to protect itself as it was in the "frontier". She said her country bordered Russia and there were "threats and exercises practically every day".

Insanity.

To be honest i can't see what can possibly go wrong with Americans providing military assistance to a neighbour of the "soviets"

Operation Cyclone :http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Cyclone

The arming and radicalisation of Islam to fight the soviets has had zero long-term effects on the geopolitical position of the world today.

EDIT: So arming and training various right-wing groups with crazy Political ideology instead of Religious can't possible go wrong.

Edited by phart

After it being revealed that 60 UK troops are in Ukraine "training" their army, a report yesterday says 600 American paratroopers are now being sent to the Ukraine.

This is madness.

I presume that they're in the country at the invitation of the Ukrainian government... Unlike the Russian troops in Ukraine, of course.

If I was a citizen of of Baltic state, recently escaped from a century of Russian domination and subjugation, I would be looking in terror at the fascistic megalomania gripping the Russian government and seeking friends anywhere I could...

“The word Fascism has now no meaning except in so far as it signifies "something not desirable"...In the case of a word like democracy, not only is there no agreed definition, but the attempt to make one is resisted from all sides. It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it: consequently the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning.”

George orwell

The whole scenario of British and American troops going into Ukraine is insanity........all this has come about because of the CIA-led Orange "Revolution" in 2004.

All this has come about because Russia thinks it has the right to control the politics of other sovereign states.

The word Fascism has now no meaning except in so far as it signifies "something not desirable"...In the case of a word like democracy, not only is there no agreed definition, but the attempt to make one is resisted from all sides. It is almost universally felt that when we call a country democratic we are praising it: consequently the defenders of every kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one meaning.

George orwell

I believe I said fascistic, in description of their megalomania - not a description of the state itself ;) Edited by thorbotnic

I believe I said fascistic ;)

you are correct in this belief

adjective: relating to or characteristic of fascism

All this has come about because Russia thinks it has the right to control the politics of other sovereign states.

you are incorrect in this belief.

EDIT: In fact this comment had me wondering whether you were trolling or not. Even if they did believe this they are far from the purest embodiment of this sentiment considering the US actions since WWII.

Edited by phart